Chapter 36

The next morning Draken drives you to Mikey's house. Once you get there Draken carries you in. As you walk in you see a girl on her way out. Strangely she looks familiar.

"Emma... Is Mikey in his room?" Draken asks the girl. The girl slowly looks at Draken and then nods.

"Who is that?" She says pointing towards you.

"Oh shit... I had forgot you two haven't met... " He replies. "This is Yuki..." Draken says moving his body a bit to show you more.

"Yuki? Is she your girlfriend...?" Emma asks.

"NO... no she's not... she's just a friend..." Draken sighs. Emma looks at you with wide eyes and then smiles.

"You're really pretty..." She coos walking over towards the two of you. "I'm Emma... When you aren't so busy with my brother and his dumb friends... we should hang out... ok?~" She says walking off a bit.

"Yeah- sure..." You reply. Emma hums and walks away. Draken watches her walk away and smiles as he turns back towards the house. "You like her..." You coo.

"Eh?" Draken furrows his eyebrows and rasps.

"Emma... you like her... don't you..." You sooth as you rest your head on his shoulder and looking at him.

"She has a boyfriend..." Draken replies.

"Okay? So?" You respond. 

"So... there's your answer-"

"That's not even an answer... you're just dodging the question..." You huff.

Draken walks into Mikey's room. Mikey is sleeping underneath his blanket on the bed. Draken sighs and slowly places you on the couch.

"Mikey..." Draken says walking towards the hump underneath the blanket.

"mmm-" Mikey groans. You watch the blankets shuffle as Mikey slides across his bed. He bumps into the wall and goes still. Draken groans and grabs the blanket, pulling it off Mikey. Mikey slowly sits up and rubs his eyes. "ugh- Ken-chin... let me sleep a little longer..." He groans as he curls up holding onto a towel.

"... Is that a towel?" You ask tilting your head a bit. "And are we in a shed?" You say looking around the room.

"Yeah... It used to be the shed Shinichiro would work in..." Draken sooths.

"Shin- Shinichiro?" You slide off the couch, standing on your uninjured foot.

"Yeah... I forgot- Mikey hasn't told you about Shin... has he?"

"mm-mm" You hum, shaking your head a bit. 

"Shinichiro... is... my big brother..." Mikey says yawning and sitting up.

"An older brother and little sister... You don't talk about your family much... Mikey..." You sigh. 

"You don't talk about your family either..." Mikey says sliding off his bed and then stretching.

"Do you suck on that towel or something... why is it wet on the tip of it... the part you're holding..." You question pointing at the towel. Mikey stares at you with tired eyes and starts to fidget with the wet part. "...mmm..." You hum and make a semi disgusted face towards sleepy Mikey and his beaten-up looking towel. Mikey slowly walks up to you, looking at you. You stare at him feeling a little uneasy.

"I missed you..." He says resting his head on your shoulder. You slowly look at Draken who's staring back at you.

"I... mi- Wait... I never met your brother before..." You say pulling away from Mikey. Mikey's eyes widen and then relax when he looks at you.