Chapter 52

You furrow your eyebrows and cross your arms as you stare at the two guys. The three of you are outside by the side of the school. Your chest hurts and your breathing is heavy. Do they really know I'm not Yuki...? How do they know...? Are they being serious...? You keep repeating in your head.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about?" You question with confusion in your voice. Koda pulls out a cigarette and lights it. You furrow your eyebrows feeling very off. He flicks the cigarette and looks at you which makes your chest hurt. 

"You don't remember what happened last time we met?" He calmly asks. You shake your head slowly. "Really?" he scoffs.

"What do you mean by what you said earlier?" You question. Both Koda and Ryo look at you. You shiver a bit feeling extremely tense. Koda takes a deep breath and flicks the cigarette a few times. You watch as the ash falls off the cigarette. 

"Are you really Yuki?" Koda asks. You scrunch your face a bit.

"What do you mean by that?" You ask again. Your eyes slowly drift towards Ryo who's glaring at you.

"I could have sworn I killed Yuki." Koda chuckles. Your eyes widen, feeling even more confused.

"What? Killed? What are you talking about?" You ask in a panicked tone. Koda relaxes his eyes and drops the cigarette on the ground and smashes it with his foot as he towers over you.

"I killed you. Suffocated you with your own pillow and made it look like you committed suicide... But look at you... still alive... walking around. You had no heartbeat before I left... I made sure you were dead. So, tell me- Are you really Yuki or are you some fucking... fraud...?" He asks in an irritated tone.  

What the fuck? You suddenly feel a strange feeling. Yuki was killed... What? But why?  You stare Koda in the eyes. His face looks familiar now that you're looking at him. Your eyes widen when you recognize who he was.

"Remember me now?" He softly says with a smile on his face. You furrow your eyebrows and move your face to the side. 

"If I were Yuki... then what will you do?" You ask. Koda tilts his head to the side, raising his eyebrows and then smiling.

"Finish the job." He sooths.

"Finish the job? Why are you confidently telling me that you murdered someone?" You ask in a quiet and panicked tone.

"Cause I'm not scared of you." He chuckles. Koda grabs you by the shoulder and leans closer to you. "I'm not scared of your little friends either." He sooths.

"My little friends? What are you talking about?" You ask. Your eyes dart towards the shiny blade in Ryo's hand. Your breathing quickens and you quickly look at Koda. 

"What I'm saying is I'm not afraid of Toman." He responds.

"Why did you try to kill me? I don't understand..." 

"It was a request." He replies.

"A request by who?" You ask in a panicked tone. Koda grips onto your shoulder tighter and pulls out a piece of cloth from his pocket preparing to suffocate you with it. "Was it Ayame?" You quickly ask. Koda stops and stares you in the eyes. "Whatever Ayame paid you... I'll pay you more... just don't kill me..." You rasp. 

"Yeah?" Koda chuckles. You stare him in the eyes then at Ryo who's standing beside him.

"No-" You rasp.

"Eh?" 

You jab your knee into the guy's balls causing the guy to clench and back away. Ryo swings at you with the knife, cutting your cheek. You grab his hand and jab your foot into his neck. You drop your body down to the ground and flip Ryo over your body, slamming him down on his back and twisting his arm. You grab the knife off the ground after he dropped it and ran back into the school. You throw the knife into the nearest trash and then quickly ran down the hall. You trip and fall into someone, smashing your head into theirs. You grab onto your head and quickly moved away.