Chapter 48

The next day you decide to try school again. You don't plan on talking to anyone though. You just want to go to avoid your school grades dropping way more than it is already. You get dressed and left the bakery. Your grandmother gave you breakfast for the morning. Just a soft pastry. You eat it on your way to school. Once you got to school you head towards your class. Everyone in your class stares at you when you walk in.

"Uh... Yuki- You can't participate in the class project for the festival..." A girl says behind you. You slowly turn your head towards them.

"What?" You look at her confused.

"Well, you haven't been in class to help with our classrooms activity... and like- the festival is in a couple days... so yeah... you can't help- cause we don't know where to place ya..." The girl says. You slowly nod and look towards Eli whose head was down at the desk.

"So, what... we don't have class today?" You ask.

"No... we don't have normal classes today..." Another girl says.

"We had exams last week, so we don't start a new curriculum until next week... Besides the festival is in a couple of days..." A boy says from the distance.

"Oh... yeah right." You say nodding and walking out the classroom. You walk towards the home economics room in hopes of seeing Mitsuya there. Once you made it to the room you see girls working on a few outfits. Your eyes dart towards Mitsuya who's stitching something to a piece of cloth. Your eyes widen when you remember what Kisaki said to you. You close your eyes and sigh, turning around and wanting to leave.

"Yuki!" Yasuda yells out as she quickly walks over to you. Mitsuya looks up from what he's doing and smiles at you. You stare blankly back at him which causes him to stop smiling at you. "Hey... come in..." Yasuda pulls you into the room. You look around at what the other girls were doing. 

"So... uh- what am I supposed to do?" You ask in a nervous tone. Yasuda motions towards Mitsuya. You furrow your eyebrows and slowly nod as you approach him. "Hey" You quietly say. Mitsuya looks up at you and smiles.

"Hey." He bubbles. You slightly smile. He pulls out the chair beside him and pats for you to sit down. You sit down beside him and watch him fix a stitch on the cloth he was holding.

"So, the festival... what are you all planning to do?" You calmly ask. Mitsuya puts a pin in his mouth, holding it with his teeth and pulls a string from beside him. He pulls it and takes the pin out his mouth, putting the string through the hole of the pin and begins stitching the cloth. You watch as he does so.

"There's going to be a mini fashion show... so we will be doing that. The clubs from other schools are going to go against us as like- a competition thing. There won't be prizes... it's just for fun." He replies.

"Oh... okay."

"How do you feel?" Mitsuya asks looking up at you. You stare at him for a bit before looking down. 

"I don't know... I'm confused I guess..." You softly say.

"Confused? About what?" He asks looking back at the cloth and fixing his stitch. You stare down at the table unable to give a response.

"..." Mitsuya looks back at you waiting for your response. When he notices you weren't going to answer he takes a deep breath and pulls another string out from beside him.

"I saw Baji the other day. I'm glad he's alive." He quietly says.

"Yeah..." 

"And for Kazutora... its sad honestly..." He continues. You look at him and he has a sad look on his face.