Chapter 50

You and Chifuyu walk around a bit. You've seen a few cats, but they weren't Peke J. 

"What does Peke J even look like?" You sigh. Chifuyu slowly looks at you and stops walking, causing you to stop walking. 

"He's a black cat with a scar on his head." He motions the spot where the scar would be located.

"That's it?" You question. He stares at you a bit before furrowing his eyebrows.

"He has a white collar... and there's a cross hanging on it right here." He adds, pointing to the center of his throat.

"Oh... See that's more helpful..." You softly bubble. Chifuyu slightly smiles and sighs. 

The two of you continue looking for the cat.

After hours pass you and Chifuyu sit on a bench feeling exhausted. You have your eyes close, listening to the breeze. 

"Do you think he got killed?" Chifuyu quietly asks. You look at him with concern on your face and quickly shake your head.

"I'm sure he's okay..." You reassure.

"Yeah- but he hasn't been gone this long before..." He sighs. You stare at him a bit trying to think of a way to cheer him up, but nothing seems to cross your mind. You look out into the distance feeling useless once again. 

Grumble...

Chifuyu slowly looks at you and you look at him.

"Are you hungry?" He asks. You sigh and slowly shake your head. "Then what was that?" He asks. You shrug and look away. He relaxes his eyes and stands up. "Come on... lets go get you something to eat..." Chifuyu motions. You frown a bit.

"No... we should keep looking for Peke-"

"When was the last time you ate?" He interrupts.

"Mmm..."

"Exactly... let's go get something to eat..." He replies and grabs your hand, pulling you with him.

You both sit outside a convenience store. Chifuyu bought the both of you instant ramen to share. He mixes the hot noodles and starts eating a bit before handing the cup to you. You mix it a bit and then begin to eat.

"Thank you for helping me look for Peke J... I really appreciate it." He sooths. You look at him and slowly swallow your food.

"Well... I'm always willing to help... I just feel like I didn't do enough to help you." You softly sigh. Chifuyu slowly looks at you and smiles. 

"Even so, I really enjoyed you being here with me. It made me feel a little better..." He softly says. You furrow your eyebrows and then start to examine the cup of noodles. "You okay?" He asks causing you to look up at him.

"Oh... Mhm... I'm just thirsty for some reason." You bubble. He nods and stands up. 

"I'll go buy you a drink." He says as he walks back into the convenience store. You look back at the cup of noodles.

Meow~

You look towards the meowing. A cat slowly approaches you and jumps beside you. 

"Hi kitty~" You softly say as you reach to pet it. The cat rubs against your hand and then over toward the cup of noodles. You look at the noodles and then back at the cat. "I don't think I can feed you this... but hold on." You quickly get up and walk into the store. Chifuyu looks at you confused as you grab some jerky. You quickly pay for it and walk back outside to where the cat was. You open the packet and broke off a piece of the jerky, handing it to the cat. The cat took it from you and starts chewing it. You smile as you watch the cat eat.