Chapter 28

A few weeks pass after the incident. During that time Hana finally went to her grandmother's funeral. Aimi finally got on good terms with her father and brother again, and Draken is out of the hospital. Through those past 2 weeks you, Hana, Aimi, and Eli spent a lot of time together. You rarely saw any of the Toman members... to think of it, you kind of forgotten them during the time. All you could think about was the time you had left with Aimi before she left. 

It was the end of August, which means it was time for Aimi to leave. You weren't ready to say bye to Aimi. She didn't look ready either. You, Hana, and Eli stand in front of Aimi who is holding a suitcase and a backpack. She looks like she's been crying all night. Her face is puffy, and her eyes are pink and glossy. The three of you stand silent staring at Aimi who's waiting for her dad to get in the car. Eli sighs and leans back a bit.

"Hey... let's lighten up the mood." He says.

"Yeah... let's not have our last goodbye a sad goodbye..." Hana implies.

"Yeah..." Aimi nods looking down.

"It's okay!" You bubble smiling at Aimi. "You will be coming back for winter break... it won't be so long before we see you again..." You slowly say.

"Yes, and we will be waiting here for you." Hana adds. Aimi smiles and nods. She lets go of her suitcase and approaches the three of you. Hana hugs Aimi and Aimi pulls you into the hug. Eli wraps his arms around the three of you. Aimi's father walks outside and the three of you let go of Aimi. Aimi smiles and watches her father grab her suitcase, putting it in the trunk of the car.

"Welp... I guess this is goodbye." Aimi sniffles.

"Aw... no don't cry... you're going to make me cry." Hana sniffles hugging Aimi again. You smile at Aimi and she smiles back. Hana lets go of Aimi, allowing her to get in the car. The three of you wave as she drives off.

After watching Aimi leave you all decide to go to your grandmother's bakery. The three of you sit at a table, eating freshly baked melonpan. 

"Do you think Aimi will forget us?" Hana asks.

"She's only going to be gone for a couple of years... besides she's coming back in December." Eli replies.

"Yeah... I know... but still..." Hana sighs, poking at the melonpan.

"I don't think she will forget us..." You add. Hana slowly nods and smiles slightly. 

"It will just be weird not walking to school with her." Hana comments.

"Yeah... she sits behind me in class and next to Yuki. It's going to be weird not having her around at all." Eli adds. You slowly nod.

The next day at school, your grandmother drops you off. You slowly make your way to class. Eli sees you in the hallway and smiles at you.

"This is the first time I see you with crutches in a school uniform..." He chuckles. You squint your eyes at him. "Do you know how long you will have to wear that cast?" Eli asks. You shrug. 

As you make your way to class everyone stares at you making you feel awkward. 

"Is there another rumor spreading around?" You ask Eli, leaning towards him a bit. 

"Not that I know of..." He whispers back.

"Yuki-san." A girl says walking up towards you. You look at the girl confused. 

"Yeah?" You look at her puzzled.

"Uh... there's a guy looking for you." She slowly says. You furrow your eyebrows in confusion.