Chapter 37

You and Chifuyu sit across from each other, slowly eating curry.

"You fell from the second floor?" You say in shock, taking a bite of your food. Chifuyu nods and smiles.

"Yeah." Chifuyu chuckles. 

"Did it hurt?" You ask.

"Hell yeah... surprisingly though I wasn't injured..."

"You weren't injured? No scratches or cuts?" You question.

"Nope... none..." He answers. You stare at him with a confused look in your face. "I was pretty lucky... haha..." He chuckles scratching the back of his head. You slowly nod looking down at your food.

"Do you think Baji is planning something?" You softly ask. Chifuyu stares at you with a blank expression on his face before looking down at his plate of food. He places his spoon back down and slowly nods. "Do you know what it is?" 

"..." Chifuyu slowly rubs his hands up and down his leg. "Have you heard about the guy who recently joined Toman?"

"...I think so... but I can't remember his name..." 

"Kisaki." Chifuyu says looking back up at you.

"Yeah... what about him..." You ask furrowing your eyebrows.

"Baji joined Valhalla to get at Kisaki..." he says in a stern tone.

"What? Why?"

"Baji joined Valhalla to do his own investigation..."

"Because of Kisaki?" You ask.

"Mhm..."

"Kisaki... I haven't met him yet... Wait... why is he investigating him? Is Kisaki and Valhalla connected or something?" 

"Maybe... If Baji is investigating from in Valhalla then I want to help him from the outside..." Chifuyu says in a calm and genuine tone. You tilt your head a bit.

"Did Baji tell you this himself?" You question as you take a sip of water.

"No... but I know how he thinks... I've known him for a long time..." He smiles at you. Your eyes widen as you stare at his lips curved into a smile. "What I want is simple... I want... to help Baji-san. Wouldn't you Yuki?"

"..." You sit quietly thinking about Baji and the situation.

""Wait for me... ok?"" - Baji

"Yeah... I want to help Baji too..." You softly respond.

"Really?" Chifuyu leans forward and smiles at you. You look down at his smile again and smile back.

"Yes... I will help you..." You sooth.

"Okay..." He nods and tilts his head. His eyes were smiling along with his smile. "Then let's do this together... Partner..." he holds his hand out.

"Partner?" You tilt your head a bit staring down at his hand. Chifuyu's smile fades a bit before it comes back. He chuckles and scratches the back of his head.

"Yeah... like a partner in crime... as in we work on this together." He looks kind of nervous through his smile. You softly sigh and smile back.

"Okay! Then let's do this together then- partner..." You respond. Chifuyu's eyes widen and glisten a bit when you agreed to it. He jumps up excited and nods. 

"Okay... lets go then..." Chifuyu holds his hand out towards you waiting for you to grab it. You stand up and grab his hand.

"Wait where are we going?" You ask following behind Chifuyu as he leads you out the restaurant.

BAREFACEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara