Chapter 44

"What the fuck do you mean...?" He seethes. You look down at the ground and sigh feeling overwhelmed.

"You're right... Kisaki is trouble... but Kazutora is also trouble..." Baji's eyes narrow as he waits for you to continue. "Kazutora doesn't trust you... He thinks you're betraying him..."

"What makes you say that..."

"Kisaki... Kisaki-" You start fidgeting with your sleeve. You shouldn't be saying any of this... it's going to ruin everything...

"KISAKI WHAT... FUCKING SAY IT YUKI!" 

"KISAKI CONVINCED KAZUTORA THAT YOU ARE NO GOOD! THE PLAN IS TO KILL YOU!"

"Huh... Yuki why didn't you tell me this?" Chifuyu huffs. Baji lets go of Chifuyu and sits back, staring at the ground.

"You know too much, and Kisaki knows you know too much... so he manipulated Kazutora to be suspicious of you... which will result in your death..." You softly say.  Chifuyu stares at you before speaking.

"How do you know this..."

"I... I... Just trust me..." You softly say, pulling your legs towards your chest and shoving your face into your knees. Baji blankly stares at the ground.

"Is this really true, Yuki? Are you being serious...?" Chifuyu questions.

"Yeah..." Baji quietly answers. Chifuyu slowly looks at Baji and his eyes widen when he sees his face. Baji has an agitated and sad look in his eyes. Baji slowly stands up and grabs his jacket. "I won't die..." he says walking towards his closet.

"You say that, but I know you're lying." You imply. Baji pauses in front of his closet. You stand up and look towards him. "Death isn't the solution... your disappearance won't solve anything. Your mother will lose her child and your friends will lose you..." Chifuyu looks at both you and Baji. Baji relaxes his eyes and looks towards you. "Don't be stupid... you won't fix anything by just recklessly jumping into a fight without thinking it through..." You add. Baji bores into your eyes. You step back a bit feeling uneasy as he stares blankly at you. 

"Chifuyu... leave..." Baji rasps. Chifuyu furrows his eyebrows and then slowly nods. Baji walks Chifuyu out and then walks back into the room, closing the door behind him. You stand still, staring at the ground. Baji slowly walks towards you and stops a few steps in front of you.

"What else do you know?" 

"Huh?"

"What else do you know?"

"What do you mean?" Baji stares at you without giving you an answer.  You slightly squint at him and then sigh. "I don't know what else there is to really say... but Kisaki has a motive and it involves Mikey."

"I know that..."

"You do?" You question, looking at him confused.

"Yeah..." He sighs. "I don't know if I want to do this anymore..."

"Huh?"

"I mean... yeah I want to beat the shit out of Kisaki... kill him even... but- what you're saying is there's no way around it... He will kill me before I could kill him..." You slowly nod. He stressfully laughs before sinking down in front of his bed. "Fuck this shit... I'm done..." he says in a tired tone.

"Huh...?"

"Whatever plan Mikey has going for this new Toman he's building... I want no part of it..." Baji pulls something from out his pocket and hands it to you. It's an omamori charm. 

"Why're you giving this to me?" You softly ask. Baji sinks his head down and doesn't respond. You frown a bit and then you slowly walk towards the door. "Baji... if you aren't going to do anything to save Toman... then what will you do?"