Chapter 10

Hana pulls you out the cafe and down the street.

"Where are we going?" You ask.

"To follow Aimi... duh... didn't we go over this?" Hana replies.

"Yeah... but do we even know where Aimi is?" Hana stops walking when you ask that. She slowly turns to look at you.

"Oh..." Hana sighs and leads you towards a park. She approaches a bench and sits down sighing. "Dammit... I'm too hungry for all of this..." Hana groans, leaning back and closing her eyes.

"Why are you always hungry Hana?" You ask. Hana slowly looks at you and shrugs.

"My mother asks me the same thing. But no one knows why I'm always hungry. I've been like this since I was little." Hana says tying her shoes. "Actually, now thinking about it, I could have sworn you asked this question already..." Hana comments, looking at you.

"I asked this already?" You ask, rubbing your shoulder.

"Yeah... you seem to ask the same things honestly... You also changed a bit too. Aimi had said that too... that you're acting differently. After your mother passed away you had stopped talking to us. You yelled at us and smashed your phone, telling us you want no contact with us anymore. We left you alone afterwards... This was after you tried to commit. But a few days after we argued we decided to visit you since you weren't coming to school. Aimi wanted to force you to come to school... It was her idea." Hana pauses and look into the distance. "I was still angry at you for what you said to us but I was afraid to lose you so I went with Aimi... And when you opened the door... You were acting different... as if you don't remember what you said to us." Hana slowly looks at you. "I was confused... the way you act Isn't the same as how you used to be... You changed a lot... you became a lot quieter... I wanted to ask you Yuki... Are you really Yuki?" Hana asks looking at you with concern in her voice. That question startles you.

"W...What?" You quaver.

"Like... are you the same Yuki as before... did what happen to your mother change you... Ren said it could be brain damage that caused you to change after you almost died... Do you still remember us... just like how you used to? That's what I meant as are you really Yuki... You didn't actually change right? You aren't still suicidal... right? You won't hurt yourself again?" Hana's eyes started to become glossy. This is the first time she seemed really serious. "I really don't want to lose you Yuki... please don't think the way you did before... If you are hurting... You know we are here for you... Okay?" Hana sniffles. You slowly nod and she hugs you really tight. Now thinking about it... You aren't Yuki... But Yuki isn't really Yuki either... You are Yuki... But why are you Yuki?

You think about Aimi and Ren as Hana hugs you. Then you think about Eli. Your eyes widen when you realize.

"Hana..." You say, making Hana pull away from you. "I think I know where Aimi is..."

"You do? Where?" Hana asks.

"When I was with Eli earlier, the guy he was with said there's going to be a meeting at the shrine... Which means Ren is going to the shrine tonight. Also, Aimi was texting Ren... They must be meeting up... but I don't know where because I'm pretty sure it's not at the shrine." You imply.

"Oh... So then that means Aimi is at Ren's house..." Hana responds.

"Wait... what makes you say that?" You ask.

"Aimi has been going to his house a lot recently..." Hana replies. You raise an eyebrow.

"She has? Did she tell you that?"

"No..." Hana responds. You tilt your head to the side a bit, confused.

"Then how do you know this..." You ask, still puzzled. Hana hesitates to look at you and then she awkwardly smiles.