Chapter 49

You slowly push yourself on the swing as the silence fills the air.

"So... what's on your mind?" Chifuyu softly asks. You slowly look at him and then back at the ground.

"A lot..." You softly say.

"Like what?"

"Am I a push over?" You quietly ask. You slowly look up when you notice Chifuyu not responding. Your eyes slowly drift to him. He's staring down at the ground. "Chifuyu?"

"I don't know...  I don't have an answer for that..."He softly answers.

"Mmm..." You slowly nod and look back down.

"Why? Do you think you're a pushover?" 

"No... but then I don't know-" You sigh. Chifuyu looks up at you and slightly smiles.

"How has school been?" He asks. You furrow your eyebrows and look at him feeling confused.

"That was a random question..." You quietly say. 

"Yeah... I'm sorry..." He softly chuckles. You relax your eyes and look back down at the ground. 

"Remember what you said about Kasumi and Kisaki..." Chifuyu's smile slowly goes away and he looks at you confused.

"You mean that girl who has a sick sister?" 

"Mhm..."

"What about her?" He questions.

"I think she's lying to me." You quietly say.

"Mmm? What do you mean?" He drags his feet on the ground as he swings.

"I saw her at the hospital talking to Kisaki... I asked her if he was her donator..."

"and?" He stops swinging and stares at you.

"She said yeah, that he was her cousin."

"Oh- that makes sense... I guess..." He looks in front of him and begins to push himself again.

"But she told me she had no more family." Chifuyu stops swinging again. 

"She has no family but then says Kisaki is her cousin...? Sounds fishy..." He says as he stands up from the swing.

"Yeah- I thought the same." You reply, standing up too. "What should I do?" 

"Figure out the truth..." 

"And how will I do that?" You ask.

"I don't know... If she's lying to you, then you can't ask her directly. I also don't recommend talking to Kisaki." He says, scratching his head. "If this is important to you then best we can do is find a connection. We should talk to someone who may know something about your friends situation."

"Yeah... but like- who..." You softly say staring off into the distance. Chifuyu looks at you and then sighs a bit. 

"Well... does she have any friends?" 

"Friends?" You furrow your eyebrows trying to think. Your eyes widen when you think of someone. "YES, SHE DOES!" You shout, grabbing Chifuyu's hand and pulling him with you.

The two of you stand in front of someone's front door.

"Who's house is this?" Chifuyu asks, leaning his head a bit. You knock on the door, waiting for an answer. The door slowly opens and you see a little girl. She looked to be a few years old.

"Mmm-" She hums and furrows her eyebrows. 

"Hi... Uh- Is Jun'ya home?" You slowly ask.

"MAKI! I TOLD YOU TO STOP OPENING THE DOOR!" A voice yells out from the distance. A woman quickly hurries to the door with her clothes sloppily on her. Her bra was hanging out her tank top and her leggings were rolled up on one side. She is also missing a slipper and her hair is all over the place. The woman pushes the little girl to the side and then leans on the door frame, staring at the two of you.