Chapter 2.1: Off To School

In basement,

As you reached the car, Taehyung made you sit in the passenger seat and helped you fasten your seatbelt

As you reached the car, Taehyung made you sit in the passenger seat and helped you fasten your seatbelt. He started driving while you were busy playing game on Tae's phone. You talked nonstop in the whole ride, and Taehyung patiently listened to your baby talks without getting bored.

Taehyung: "Alright, baby, we're here. Are you ready for school today?"

Y/n: "Yeah. Thanks, Oppa, for dropping me off."

Taehyung: "It's my responsibility, baby. Have a good day and just remember not to get hurt. Also, eat your breakfast in school. I noticed you weren't eating properly at home."

Y/n: (in mind) "But I don't like to eat early in the morning"

Taehyung: "I know you don't like but it's better to stay full so you can have energy for your class."

Y/n: "I will, Oppa. Bye-bye."

Y/n: (in mind) "How did he read my mind again"

Taehyung put off your seatbelt and kissed your forehead. You were still lost in her thoughts while he was just chuckling at your confused face. You got out of the car and walks towards the school entrance. Taehyung watches you go with a warm smile on his face and then left for hospital.

The time you were at coming to school something happened in school.

Flashback

Morning- 9:15 am

A boy walked down the school hallway, a handsome boy

A boy walked down the school hallway, a handsome boy. He had a defined oval face, almond-shaped eyes with a slight upward slant, a straight well-proportioned nose, full lips, and a sharp jawline. His name was Jay, the school's heartthrob, and many girls were behind him. However, despite his good looks, Jay was as cold as ice. He rejected advances and ignored those who tried to get close to him, as if they were invisible. As he made his way down the hallway, he noticed a girl staring at him. Choosing to ignore her, he continued on his way. The girl continued to stare until his figure disappeared from view.

It was none other than Su-jin who was mesmerized by his aura and handsome face. She started having crush on him from the moment she laid eyes on him. Today was Su-jin's second day, and yet many boys were already behind her. She was pretty too, every girl envied her and many boys had been trying to flirt with her since yesterday.

In Classroom,

Jay  came inside Classroom and went to his desk, took off his backpack from his shoulder, and put on his headphones, which were hanging around his neck

Jay came inside Classroom and went to his desk, took off his backpack from his shoulder, and put on his headphones, which were hanging around his neck. He stared out of the window. Just then, Su-jin came up to Jay. He took off his headphones and just kept looking at her with a cold expression.

Su-jin: (Extends her hand) Hi, I'm Su-jin. I'm new here. What's your name?

Park Jay: (Coldly) Park Jay. (Puts back his headphones and ignores Su-jin's handshake)

She take her hands back and again questions with a smile,

Su-jin: (Smiles) Nice to meet you, Jay. Would you like to be my friend? Or maybe more than friends? 

Jay: (Without looking at Su-jin) I don't have time for making new friends.

He ignored her and got up from his seat, he put his hands in his pockets, and walks away

She watched as Jay walked away; she clenched her fists on sides. She was angry because she had never been rejected before, and she didn't know how to handle it.

His cold personality is far from the warm and friendly person she had imagined.

Flashback ends

SCHOOL GATE- 9:30 am

After Taehyung left. You entered the school gates and spotted Rose waiting for you at your usual place; Yunjin still hadn't arrived.

Rose: "Y/n!"

Y/n: "Hey, Rose. What's up?"

Rose: "Not much. Just waiting for Yunjin."

Suddenly, Yunjin came running.

Yunjin: "Hey guys! Sorry I'm late. I had to finish my homework."

Rose: "No worries. We were just about to head inside."

Y/n: "Oh, okay. Well, let's go inside."

Yunjin: "Yeah, I'm starting to get hungry."

Rose: "First, let's go to our lockers. I want to take some books."

You and Yunjin nodded. We chatted and laughed as we walked inside the school building.