Chapter 3.8: Connected by hearts.

At the park, 5 pm. 

You sat on a bench continuously staring at the water

You sat on a bench continuously staring at the water. You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't even notice someone sitting beside you. He held your hand, and just by touch, you guessed whom it might be. Without looking at that person, you rested your head on his shoulder while he brushed his one hand through your hair, and the other held yours.

Y/n: "I am glad from tomorrow I don't have to go to school, and I regret I didn't come with you."

Y/n (in mind): "But I am glad I got to know about the real faces of some people; you were right, I am so naive that I trust everyone so easily."

You were thinking this while a tear escaped from your eye.

Jay: "So are you now comfortable sharing it with me? or do you need time?"

Y/n: "Just let me stay like this for a few more minutes."

You said in a very sad tone while closing your eyes. While Jay was just clenching his fist in anger. He wanted to know who did this to you. Your eyes were puffy, there was a cut on your lips, and the red marks were clearly visible on your face.

After 10 minutes, another hand extended towards you, handing you ice cream. Finally, they saw a smile on your face. The other person handed two ice creams to Jay and crouched to your level. He looked at your face.

Jake (calm): "Hmm, let's see."

After examining your face, your hands, and then your legs, he asked while looking down as if he was controlling his anger.

Jake (calm): "Who dared to do this to you?"

No response. 

Jake sighed and sat on your other side, now you were sitting in between both of them. You were silent and busy eating your ice cream. You finished your ice cream, and Jay handed you a second one, and after finishing it, Jay handed you the last ice cream. After that, you looked towards both of them and started explaining.

Y/n: "A group of girls came towards me near the pool area who were jealous of me—my score, my talent and my people. So, one of them pushed me into the pool and then slapped me."

As they listened to each word, their hearts were breaking each and every time. But you didn't disclose the names of Jiyeon, Sujin, and Hyejin. Also, about what Hyejin said about your parents. You didn't want to lie to them, yet you didn't want to tell them the truth because you knew what they would do if they knew what exactly happened in the pool area.

Jay (angry): "Names."

Y/n (lying): "I don't know; they were all new faces."

Jake gritted his teeth in anger.

Jake (scoffs in anger): "They chose a nice day to do this. Now, because of vacation, we can't even complain about it."

They knew you didn't tell them everything and still hiding something. But they didn't force you. You looked up to Jake and then Jay. Your eyes filled with tears.