Chapter 3.7: Unwanted reunion (Edited)

Y/n: (shocked)"Hyejin? you"

Hyejin (chuckling): "Yes, me. What happened? You didn't expect me to be here?"

(Hyejin is your old friend from when you were 8 years old, but she suddenly stopped talking to you. You don't know the reason why, and after that, she changed her school. Since then you've seen today.)

Hyejin (moving forward to you): "Long time no see, Y/n. That time, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye properly. But today, I will take my proper farewell."

Saying this, she pushes you to the ground, and your hair comes all over your face. She crouches next to you.

Hyejin (putting your hair behind your ear): "Don't you remember, dear? Years back, you did the same thing to me. You pushed me aside where it was my only chance to win."

You understood what she was talking about. You jerk her hand from your cheek in disgust. You were broken and shocked at same time because this was not the Hyejin you knew,

Y/n: 'What are you saying, Hyejin? It is my fault you lost that swimming competition.'

Hyejin (angry): 'You knew back then how much that race meant to me. I wanted to go to nationals, but you still didn't think to give me a chance and let me win.'

Y/n: (guilty) 'Hyejin, I never intended to hurt you. It was a competition, and I wanted to win too. I didn't realize how much it meant to you.'

Hyejin: 'You didn't realize? You knew exactly how much it meant to me! We were friends, Y/n. Friends don't do that to each other.'

Y/n: 'I didn't want to disappoint you nor my dad. He wanted me to enter the finals and see the trophy in my hand, and I wanted to do this for him. I never thought this would end our friendship.'

Hyejin (angry): "You know what's even more disappointing? You said you did this for your dad. For him, you took my place and snatched my dream. But then what did you do with that chance, huh? You backed off, the chance of getting into nationals you earned by betraying me. You just let it go after your parents' accident. What was the use of it then? If I had been in your place, I would have made something of myself by now."

Y/n: (disgusted) "You're insane. So, this is your reason to break our friendship and hate me? They were my parents. I was not in my right state at that time. How could I have participated then? And you were my best supporter at that time, right? You wanted us to win for the class, isn't that, right?"

Hyejin: (smirk) "You will never understand Y/n it was not just about winning the competition but seeing you lose. I never wanted you to win."

You were left speechless after hearing these words. You didn't understand what she meant and why suddenly this changed happened? Hyejin always supported you in your bad time and was the only one to cheer you during competitions like this and now suddenly she is saying she wanted to see you lose.