Chapter 4.8: Childhood Promise

Jake went to Jay house to check on him but he was not home so Jake decided to talk with jay later.

At Jake house,

When Jake reached his house, he saw Jay sitting in his yard

When Jake reached his house, he saw Jay sitting in his yard. He went toward Jay, who was sitting on the ground, resting his back against the wall, burying his head in his knees.

Jake: "Jay? What happened? I thought you went to your home."

Jay: (crying) "I am feeling so hurt right now, Jake. I never expected these words from Y/n. Am I this bad?"

Jake: "Why are you sitting here? Come, let's go to my room first."

He gave his hand to Jay and helped him get up, and they went inside. Jake's parents were not at home; that's why Jay was sitting outside. They went to Jake's room.

Jake: "Don't cry, Jay. You know Y/n; she is just frustrated, and maybe we always impose ourselves too much on her."

Jay: (crying) "I feel so hurt right now; I can't express it. I never knew that she hates when we try to advise her for something. My intention was just to protect her; we promised each other right?"

Jake: "I know you always did it because we promised her. But it's been 8 years, Jay; she must have forgotten."

Flashback 8 years ago:

You three were 5 years old as I told before Hyejin used to be your best friend since kindergarten so she used to come over to play with you all

You three were 5 years old as I told before Hyejin used to be your best friend since kindergarten so she used to come over to play with you all. You were playing in the park in the evening, and some children came to tease Jay and Jake. You and Hyejin were playing on the swing, and Jay and Jake were playing in the sandbox with their sand bucket, shovel toy, and toy cars. Suddenly, two boys came who were older than you and started claiming that the sandbox was theirs.

Boy 1 (Dong-geun): "Hey, what are you babies doing here? This is our sandbox!"

Jay: "We always come here to play, so when does this sandbox become yours."

Boy 2 (Hyun-seok): "Don't make us angry; you can't play here, go back home!"

Jake: "Why can't we play here? I am not going anywhere. If you don't want to play with us, then go to another park."