Chapter 7.2: Y/n's Critical Condition

The ambulance arrived at the hospital, and paramedics quickly unloaded Y/n and rushed her into the hospital.

In the hospital corridor, the hospital was bustling with its usual activity. Jungkook and Taehyung had just completed two surgeries back-to-back, and they were exhausted and needed rest.

Jungkook: "I can't believe we've been going non-stop since this morning. Finally, we get a break."

Taehyung nodded in agreement, wiping sweat from his brow.

Taehyung: "Yeah, first, let's eat something. We didn't even have time for breakfast."

Jungkook: "Agreed. Also, I only slept for 3 hours today. We got a call early in the morning."

Taehyung: "We have time now. After the meal, we can take a short nap."

As they proceeded toward the canteen, little did they know, another emergency was about to come, and it was none other than their own sister.

Jungkook's POV:

As Taehyung and I headed towards the canteen, my phone rang. It was none other than the head nurse from the emergency ward. I stared at the phone, letting it ring for a moment. "Waee, Waeee, why are you ringing right now? At least let me breathe for a moment. I really don't have the strength to even pick up the call. I need sleep badly." The call ended, and my phone started ringing again.

End of POV.

Taehyung: (snapping his fingers) "What are you doing, Jungkook? Pick up the call. There might be some emergency."

Jungkook came out of his thoughts and picked up the call.

Jungkook: (answering the phone) "Hello?"

Nurse: "Dr. Jungkook, we have an emergency. Paramedics called from the ambulance; a patient is being brought here in 5 minutes. It's an emergency. We need you and Dr. Taehyung in the emergency ward immediately."

Jungkook, without hesitation, turned to Taehyung, who had also heard the conversation.

Jungkook: (worried) "Hyung, we have to go. It's an emergency."

Taehyung nodded with a serious expression as they made their way to the emergency ward.

Jungkook: (determined) "I don't know if I have the energy for another surgery, but I will do my best to save the patient."

Taehyung: "I agree. We can't let fatigue get in the way of our duty as doctors."

As they approached the emergency ward, the nurse briefed them on the situation.

Jungkook: "What are the details of the patient? Do we know anything about their condition?"

Nurse: "The patient is a 13-year-old school student. She likely fell down the stairs and is currently unconscious. Her blood pressure is 90/60 mmHg, and her heart rate is 110 beats per minute. Paramedics suspect it's head trauma. We need to act fast once she arrives."