Chapter 6.6: What's next?

As the English teacher scolded you, the Math teacher, Ms. Nam Soo-Yeon, tried to calm her down. While Sujin and Jiyeon exchanged knowing glances, thinking they had successfully framed you.

English Teacher: "Do you realize the importance of academic integrity? You've not only let yourself down, but you've also let your partner and the entire class down."

Ms. Nam Soo-Yeon: "Excuse me, Miss. Perhaps we should handle this matter calmly and privately."

English Teacher: "Why privately? She has plagiarized someone else's work! Let the whole class know. (to you) This reflects poorly on your character and work ethic, Y/n. I expected better from you."

Ms. Nam Soo-Yeon: "I understand, but getting angry won't solve the issue, and I don't think it's ethical to handle this topic out loud. Let's give Y/n a chance to explain first. As far as I know her, I don't think she is capable of doing such a thing."

English Teacher: "You are new here, not even been a week since you started working, and you are taking her side!"

Ms. Nam Soo-Yeon: "To know someone's character, we don't need a year to know them completely. Judging by how every staff praises Y/n, I think this is just a misunderstanding. First, let her explain why she did it."

English Teacher: (nods) "Fine, but this behavior is unacceptable."

Ms. Nam Soo-Yeon: (turns to Y/n) "Y/n dear, can you explain what happened? Is there a reason why your report resembles someone else's thesis?"

You looked at Sujin and Jiyeon, and they were laughing quietly. Sujin gave you a look, and you understood it was her doing, but what you did next was a surprise for them. However, as the English teacher continued to scold you, your worried face turned into a smirk, and they both stood confused.

Y/n: (Acting nervous) "But how did you get my report when I didn't submit it in the first place?"

English Teacher: (confused) "What do you mean?"

Yunjin and Rose were standing confused because in front of them, Y/n submitted, but at that time, she was totally guilty about submitting late.

Y/n: (acting nervous) "It's true I submitted the final report yesterday, but when I went back home, I had more time in my hands so I made a few changes and made it more presentable. But both copies are with me."

English Teacher: (still confused) "Both copies?"

You take out a few crumpled papers from the bag and show them to the English teacher. Sujin and Jiyeon get shocked.

Sujin: "How is this possible? Yesterday we threw them in the dustbin after Y/n left, and today early in the morning, cleaners must have cleaned the school, so how did she get them back?"

English Teacher: "Then whose paper are these, and why are those papers crumpled?"

Y/n: (Acting clueless) "I don't know, ma'am, but I found them in the dustbin in the morning, so I thought you rejected them, so I kept them. And do you think I would copy another student's thesis when I can write my own?"

That "ma'am" almost believed you, but one of your classmates spoke in between.

Classmate 1: "If it's not you, then who wrote this report other than you who could have done this?"

Listening to this, others started questioning, and your friends got more confused. Meanwhile, Sujin and Jiyeon again started smiling because their plan was back on track.