chapter 60

(isabella point of view)
the conversations along the table have settled down. we just finished having desert, which was the final thing in the night before everyone goes.

"we loved having you guys here, i'll see you your way out." my mom said starting to stand up from the table.

"actually we were thinking of spending the night here." my aunt said.

"ohh." i started.

"no, you guys will not be staying here." i told them.

who invites themselves to stay the night in another persons home?

"isabella don't be rude." my grandma told me.

"rude or not you are absolutely not staying here." i said

"you will not kick me out of my sons house." she said starting to get mad.

"who are you talking to like that? this is my dads house that he left for me, so it's mine. and i'm telling you you're not welcome to invite yourselves to stay the night." i told her

"sierra you're just going to let your daughter be disrespectful?" grandma looked towards my mom and asked.

"why argue with her when i agree?" my mom said back deciding to cover ella's ears.

"i will not take this disrespect." my grandma said raising her voice.

"don't raise your voice in front of my little sister." i told her annoyed with the way she's speaking in our house. my families house.

"if you don't like the disrespect then leave." i told her.

she didn't say anything deciding to get grab her belongings head to the front door, with everyone that came with her leaving as well.

my mom slowly uncovers ella's ears.

"mommy caterina likes javon." ella said taking a bite of her brownie

"and her friend." she added.

my mom looks at me and i can't help the laugh that comes out.

it's kinda funny. i don't know why but it just is.

i'm not really jealous or anything, at least not with them.
****
"she's finally asleep." i lay in bed with javon.

"maybe we shouldn't have let her eat all those sweets." javon said scooting me closer to him.

"i'm sorry you have to be around my fucked up family." i told javon laying my head on his chest.

"not everyone has a perfect family, but i'm glad you don't keep me in the dark." he says pressing a kiss to the side of my head.

my mind goes on in repeated cycles every single time it's quiet.

"how we gonna do this javon?" i ask him the question i always ask myself.

"together." he said

"we are gonna stay strong and help each other."

"but what if im not a good mom?" i asked.

"what if i don't have the mothering instinct everyone magically gets when they have a baby" i said.

"what if our relationship breaks apart."

"you know people say having kids makes or breaks your relationship." i informed him not getting a second to catch my breath.

"listen to me." he said gripping both sides of my face making sure i'm looking at him.