009. in heat

They're in Florida on a case about four guys who have been killed. They get out of the SUVs outside the station.

"Ugh. Agh. Is it always this hot?" Spencer asks.

"Every day, all day." Derek says, watching two women walk by.

"That's South Beach." Rossi says.

"That's not what I'm talking about." Spencer says.

"They know." Hotch says.

"FBI." A woman walks up to them.

"Yes." Derek answers.

"Detective Lopez, Miami PD."

"Oh, um, Morgan... Derek."

"Tina." They shake hands.

"Get a room." Bedelia mumbles making Emily smile.

"So, thank you for coming down so quickly." Tina says.

"Agent Jareau -- JJ. We spoke on the phone." JJ says, shaking Tina's hand.

"Yes." Tina recalls.

"These are agents Hotchner, Prentiss, Davis, Rossi, Derek, and Dr. Reid." JJ goes down the line.

"I hope there's no test because I'm lousy with names." Tina says.

"Agent will be fine." Rossi assures.

"Hey, isn't that--" Emily points out.

"Detective LaMontagne just arrived from New Orleans to ID the cop they pulled from the bay last night." Tina informs as Will walks over.

"Detective, it's good to see you." JJ says, shaking Will's hand.

"How are you? Yeah." Will says. "Yeah, uh, Charlie Luvet and I worked together for 7 years. We haven't formally IDed him yet, but we believe it's him."

"Sorry for your loss, man." Derek tells him.

"So, you all know each other?" Tina asks.

"Professionally." JJ says.

"Yeah. The BAU helped me out on a case about a year ago." Will says. "Just for the sake of clarity, I'm not here to investigate. Charlie was supposed to be married this August, so if the guy that floated up last night was him, I guess I have the honor of notifying his fiancée, so she's gonna need some answers, closure, and I'm just here to get that for her."

"Do you know why he was here?" Rossi asks.

"He was meeting up with some college buddies to compete in a regatta." Will says. "He was a big boat guy."

"So he wasn't traveling alone." Hotch says.

"Well, he came alone. He was meeting them here." Will says.

"We should track these friends down, see if they saw anything." Rossi says. "And the other two victims -- any potential witnesses?"

"No. Paul Hayes was here alone on business. Daniel Brown came down to windsurf by himself." Tina says.

"So, they were all essentially alone." Spencer says.

"The unsub watched them long enough to know that." Emily says.

"Yeah. He's probably already scoping out his next victim, and I don't have a damn thing to warn people with, so come on inside. I've got everything all set up." Tina says.

~ ~ ~

"This is everything we recovered from Paul Hayes' hotel room." Tina leads Rossi, Bedelia, and Emily into a room. "It's all been processed, so don't worry about touching anything."