106. route 66

"I just put in new brakes. She's running like a dream." Rossi says, showing Spencer a photo of his car.

"I always admired the aesthetic of the classic Torpedo C body, especially in the 1947. They just don't make them like that anymore." Spencer says.

"Yeah, well, I'm lucky to have found it." Rossi says. "Uncle Sal would be proud."

"Thank you for coming in, everyone." Hotch says as he walks in. "We can get started."

"Okay. Guys, meet Samantha Wilcox, 16 year old junior in Wichita, Kansas. Last night she snuck out with her boyfriend, they were attacked, she hasn't been seen since." Penelope says.

"Boyfriend got a broken jaw and a concussion." Derek says.

"And the description of the attacker matches her father, Eddie Lee Wilcox." Hotch says.

"Ex-con." Blake says.

"Oh, is he ever. Still on parole. Eddie is a car thief and wheel man extraordinaire." Penelope says.

"String of assault charges, too." JJ says. "Been in and out of jail since he was a kid."

"We don't usually work parental abduction cases." Blake says.

"We do when the abduction's violent and dad's a former convict." Rossi says.

"He hasn't been incarcerated in over 3 years. I mean he's had ample opportunity. Why pick yesterday to kidnap her?" Spencer asks.

"Well, he beat the boyfriend within an inch of his life to do it, so taking her had to be real important." Derek says.

"And apparently Eddie was none too pleased that Samantha's mom, Melody, had decided to remarry and then move from Chicago to Wichita." Penelope says.

"He lost visitation rights the last time he got locked up." Blake says.

"So the anger about that is the stressor that builds up over the years." JJ says. "Last night he decides to do something about it."

"This could be vengeance for taking his daughter away." Spencer says.

"If it's revenge against the mother, he'll either hurt Samantha or disappear with her." Rossi says.

"She's been missing for over 5 hours, and we know how time sensitive these cases are." Hotch says. "The, uh, amber alert is expanding. Every hour..." Bedelia looks back at Hotch as he breathes a little heavier than usual. "Excuse me." He says.

Hotch goes to walk out, but he falls to the floor.

"Hotch?" Derek calls. "Aaron!"

+++

"Bleeding internally from what?" JJ asks.

"They think it's probably all the scar tissue." Rossi says.

"Torn adhesions from the stab wounds." Spencer says.

"George Foyet returns from the grave." Derek says.

"What's the prognosis?" Blake asks.

"He's stable right now. Did an ultrasound, but can't seem to see exactly where the bleeding was coming from." Rossi says.

"He'll need an exploratory laparotomy." Spencer says.

"Does Jack know?" JJ asks.

"Not yet. I talked to Haley's sister, Jessica. We didn't want to worry the little guy." Rossi says.

"What about Beth?" Blake asks.

"I left a message, but she's on a business trip in Milan." Rossi says. "Look, I know you're all worried. So am I. But a teenager girl has been abducted, and Hotch would want us to focus on the case, not on him. And that's exactly what we're gonna do. "Now. When the plane lands, Morgan, JJ, I want you to interview Samantha Wilcox's mother. Reid, Davis, Blake, you go check out the abduction site. I'm catching the next flight to Wichita and I'll meet you there."