105. to bear witness

"6 letters, "between the waves."" Bedelia watches Spencer and Blake do the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.

"Slatch." Blake immediately answers.

"Yes. 10 letters, "wandering alone."" Spencer says.

"Uh... it's Latin in origin, alone is "solus," vagare is "wandering," 10 letters -- S-O-L-I-V-A-G-A-N-T." Blakes says and Spencer stops the timer.

"Congratulations, Blake, you just finished that crossword puzzle in 7 minutes." Spencer says.

"I mean, you could do it, too." Blake says.

"I've done it in 5 1/2, actually." Spencer says. "There's a theory about pattern recognition where you don't even have to look at the clues anymore, but I found that going across instead of down helps because the sequence of saccades and fixations in traditional reading assist with other oculomotor tasks such as solving crossword puzzles."

"I have a migraine now." Bedelia says.

"Happy Wednesday, my nerds." Rossi greets.

"Hey, you're here early." Blake says.

"Well, apparently not early enough. I missed all the excitement." Rossi says. "You do that in pen?" He asks.

"Is there any other way?" Blake asks.

"Where's Hotch?" Rossi asks.

"In there with Garcia." Blake nods to the round table room. "Everything okay?"

"We'll see." Rossi walks off.

"10 letters, starts with "C"." Blake says.

"Cabalistic?" Spencer asks.

"Indeed." Blake nods.

"It's too early for this." Bedelia mumbles.

"Oi!" Penelope calls. "Let's do this."

"Hi. Good morning. No real time to get comfortable." Penelope says as Blake, Bedelia, Rossi, and Spencer walk into the room.

"An hour ago, the man on your tablets was found wandering the streets of Baltimore before he collapsed." Hotch says.

"He is unconscious, he has no ID on him, so we don't know his name. He's got ligature marks on his wrists, and it's impossible to tell how long he's been missing." Penelope says.

"Are those puncture wounds in the corner of his eyes?" Rossi asks.

"Yes, and an MRI confirmed that fibers in his brain had been severed." Hotch says.

"He had a lobotomy?" Rossi asks.

"There was hemorrhaging and foreign object splinters imbedded behind his right eye." Hotch says.

"Most likely from whatever tool the unsub used." Spencer says.

"My guess would be an icepick." Rossi says.

"The guy's still alive. Can we talk to him?" Derek asks.

"You should try." Hotch says.

"Someone with such a specific M.O. has probably done this before." Blake says.

"We just don't know about it yet. It's all being run through ViCAP." Hotch says.

"Yes, it is." Penelope confirms.

"The entry points in his eyes are from an outpatient style traditional lobotomy. Less mess than drilling holes like Dahmer did." JJ says.

"And Dahmer's method killed. This didn't." Derek adds.