036. 100

"There's approximately 115 miles between Fredericksburg and Westminster." JJ says. "Why mail a letter from 2 cities?"

"Maybe it's purely a forensic countermeasure." Derek says. "He knows that mailing letters close to home would lead us right to him, so he drives far away to mail the letters to throw us off his scent."

"The Unabomber did that. So did the 2001 anthrax suspect." Spencer says.

"He could have gone anywhere, but he's trolling the D.C. area." Rossi says.

"It makes sense to stay close to Hotch. He stuck around Boston to watch Shaunessy deteriorate." Emily says. Her eyes widen and she looks at Hotch. "Not that you're--"

"It's all right. I know he's been watching me." Hotch says. "It's part of the reason I stepped down, so he'd think I was falling apart."

"Okay, so what are we gonna do about the two cities?" JJ asks. "Usually we need three different points to get an accurate geographic profile."

"That's all we got right now." Derek says.

"Gaithersburg, Rockville, D.C., Alexandria, Bowie, Annapolis." Emily lists.

"Where the hell are you, Foyet?" Derek questions.

"Okay, me and the boy found a thyroid medication that has no substitute over the counter." Penelope rushes in with a laptop. "You've gotta get it from a pharmacist. But a lot of people are on it."

"Find the midpoint between the two cities and isolate names in a 25 mile radius." Rossi says.

"153 names." Penelope says.

"Well, he's not gonna use his own name." Derek says. "What kind of aliases should we be looking for?"

"He could have stolen someone's identity." Emily suggests.

"No, he's a narcissist in love with his own mythology. He'd use a name connected with the case." Hotch says.

"A victim, maybe, a cop." Rossi says.

"Okay. Let me check the Foyet files for a list of names. And... nothing." Penelope says.

"Wait a minute, guys. Foyet likes things to have meaning to him. The Eye of Providence, the addresses in blood he wrote on the bus that led us back to him." Spencer says, writing Foyet's name on the board. "Maybe he's doing the same thing with the alias."

"Like an anagram or something." Emily says. Spencer tries to work out the anagram.

"You see something?" Bedelia asks after a bit.

"Not yet." Spencer says.

"Reid, he named himself The Reaper." Hotch says. Spencer writes that down and works out the anagram.

"Peter Rhea."

"There's a Peter Rhea in Arlington." Penelope states.

"We found him." Rossi says.

+++

They're staking out Foyet's apartment.

"SWAT's getting antsy." JJ says.

"I'll tell them when it's time to go. Right now we sit tight. Let them know." Derek says. JJ walks over to where SWAT is. "These guys are  trained to move, not just sit around. I can't really say that I blame them."

"He may not eve be there anymore." Spencer says.

"I know. The longer we sit here, the further away he gets." Derek says.

"You make the best call you can, kid." Rossi says.

"All right, this is what we're gonna do." Derek says.