092. perennials

Spencer stands up when Bedelia walks into the bullpen. She immediately goes to her desk, putting her stuff down and he walks over.

"Delia--"

"You are not doing anything. I'm not doing anything." Bedelia hisses.

"We have to tell somebody. Tell Hotch." Spencer hisses.

"No." She quietly growls. "Nobody finds out anything. I can handle it on my own."

"Why are you doing this? You know how this stuff can end. You know what could happen."

"I have a gun. I protect myself."

"That doesn't make it any better!" He hisses.

"Hey." Derek walks over. "You two okay?"

"Yeah. We're fine." Bedelia forcibly smiles, looking up at her boyfriend. "Right, Spence?" Spencer sighs, staring at her, not able to miss the buried fear in her eyes, but also the pleading look and anger.

"We're fine." Spencer mumbles.

"Little lover's spat?" Derek prods.

"He didn't buy more coffee. We're a little hungry for caffeine. That's it." Bedelia says.

"Right." Derek mumbles, giving them a weird look.

+++

"What have we got?" Rossi asks.

"Nothing good." Penelope says. "Okay, anyone who's wandered through a museum in Italy knows that a chisel and a hammer in the right hands can be a beautiful thing. But Michelangelo this is not, my friends. Okay. Floressa, AKA Nina Skinner, was found yesterday, murdered on the grounds of Church of the First Dawn, in Alabama."

"Two days earlier, 100 miles away, Charlie Clayton was taken from his home in Gulfport, Mississippi, he was brought to the woods, he was also murdered. Chisels to the brain. And a lot of creepy crawlers."

"Forensics?" Derek asks.

"Mm-hmm. Neither crime scene yielded much results because of too many bugs and critters." Penelope says.

"The choice and placement of the chisel is very specific." Hotch says.

"Maybe the unsub symbolically is destroying the thoughts and memories of the victims." Rossi says.

"It looks like they were facedown when the chisel went in. Remorse?" Derek asks.

"Could be the killer knew the victims, didn't want to see their faces when he was killing them." JJ says.

"Was there a connection between Clayton and Floressa?" Spencer asks.

"Nothing's been found yet." Penelope says.

"So right now, method of execution and regional proximity are the only two things linking them." Rossi says.

"Could be a spree killer on the move." Blake suggests.

"A spree killer who's careful and meticulous and covers his tracks." JJ says.

"We've bot a mobile unsub with a significant head start. We can't afford to be playing catch up." Hotch says.

+++

Derek and Bedelia wait by the fence while Rossi talks to the woman. They watch the woman goes inside and Rossi walks down the pathway. Derek opens the gate for Rossi who walks out.

"Uh, let me guess. She don't know nothin' about nothin'." Derek says, snapping his fingers, and Bedelia chuckles.

"Practically a direct quote." Rossi says. "How did you know that?"