054. what happens at home...

"3 women murdered inside a gated community in southeastern New Mexico in the last 2 months." Hotch states as Bedelia, Spencer, Emily, and Derek walk in.

"All 3 inside?" Derek asks.

"Marjorie West was strangled in her home in the middle of the night while her family was out of town. They found her the next morning. Jill Long was strangled in the laundry room while her husband and sons were camping in the backyard. And last night, Aubrey Jacobs was killed in her home office while her daughter and husband were asleep in the house." Hotch says.

"Occupied dwellings is as high risk as it gets." Derek says.

"And he's fearless." Spencer says.

"Proximity, the chance he might get caught -- that could be part of it for him." Emily says.

"You said gated community. I'm assuming that means security?" Spencer asks.

"A small security staff and perimeter cameras. Everything's recorded 24/7, and no one has entered or left the compound since last night except residents." Hotch says. "It looks like the unsub is part of the community. The local detective says that demographics, general makeup, and socioeconomic status of the residents is essentially the same."

"That's going to make a profile difficult." Bedelia comments.

"Unless we examine a different set of parameters." Hotch says.

"Different parameters?" Derek asks.

"Rossi's working on that right now." Hotch says.

+++

"Ashley." Derek, Bedelia, and Emily turn at Rossi's voice as he and Hotch walk out of the latter's office. Bedelia follows Rossi's gaze to a young blonde woman who is standing nearby. "Agent trainee Seaver, Supervisory Special Agents Prentiss, Morgan, and Davis."

"I've heard a lot about all three of you." Ashley says, shaking their hands.

"Well, I hope it was all good." Derek says.

"Very, sir." Ashley nods.

"Anything specific? I mean about me in particular." Derek says.

"Oh, please, don't encourage him." Emily says and Derek chuckles.

"Yeah, his ego's already large enough." Bedelia rolls her eyes while Derek laughs.

"Agent Seaver is on loan to us from the academy while she's in remedial training with an injury." Hotch says.

"Concussion. Hand-to-hand got a little out of control." Ashley explains.

"How's the other guy?" Emily asks.

"Don't ask." Ashley replies.

"I was remediated in the academy also." Spencer says, walking up and standing by Bedelia.

"Agent Seaver, Dr. Reid." Rossi informs.

"Um, what was your issue?" Ashley asks.

"What was my issue? Marksmanship, physical training, obstacle course, Hogan's Alley, you know, pretty much everything that wasn't technically book related. They ultimately had to make exceptions to allow me into the field." Spencer says.

"Agent Seaver's going to accompany us to New Mexico." Hotch informs.

"She is?" Derek asks.

"As a consultant." Hotch says.

"On?" Derek asks.

"She has a unique perspective." Rossi says.

"They don't know?" Ashley asks Rossi and Hotch.