107. in the blood

"Thank you." Penelope says as she opens the door for Spencer and Bedelia, the former carrying grocery bags. "Okay, just put everything on the counter and I'll put it away later."

"I like your altar." Spencer says.

"Thank you." Penelope shuts the door. They walk over to the kitchen and Spencer puts the bags down. "Yeah, there's still a lot to do before the party next week, and... I'm scared. I've never had the whole team here before."

"Why are you doing a Day of the Dead theme?" Spencer asks.

"Well, uh, my stepfather's family always made a big deal of it in Mexico, and my name is Penelope Garcia, after all, so..." She shrugs. "Hey, could you check my refrigerator and see if I have enough hot sauce?" She asks Spencer. He goes to the fridge and opens it.

Penelope glances at Bedelia who is focused on unloading the groceries. Penelope takes her glasses off and puts the fake blood on her ceeks.

"You have some jalapeno sauce here next to this jar of eyeballs." Spencer says, taking both items out. "But I think you're gonna need more depending on which guacamole you plan on making." He looks up. "You okay?" He asks.

His question makes Bedelia look over at the blonde, seeing the blood streaks.

"You guys didn't even flinch." Penelope says. "JJ's right. I told her I wanted to go scary this Halloween, and she just laughed at me. And she said I don't have a scary side."

"Well, you have some sort of scary side. You're protective of us." Bedelia says. "Someone messes with a team member, bam, bitch goes down."

"Yeah." Penelope kind of nods.

"I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, you probably do." Spencer says.

"Really?" Penelope asks.

"Yeah. The building blocks of the human personality are complex, varied, and multi-faceted. It's essential to one's mental health to want to express these hidden personalities, and it's a fact of nature that everybody has one."

"Everybody? You have one?" Penelope asks him.

"Oh, absolutely. Yeah." Spencer nods.

"Oh, you do now, do you?" Bedelia questions.

"Ye--" Spencer frowns as he goes over her repeated words. "Yes." He nods.

"Okay. Okay, I want to see it." Penelope says. "I want to see Dr. Spencer Reid's hidden personality."

"Yeah, so do I. I'm your baby mama, I should already know about this." Bedelia says.

"Uh-- you, uh-- right here? Like right now you want to see it?" Spencer asks.

"Can't leave us hanging, Spencie." Bedelia remarks.

"I have fake blood running down my cheeks right here, right now." Penelope puts her glasses on.

"Okay." Spencer says. "Once you see it, you can't unsee it." Bedelia nods, rolling her lips into her mouth so she doesn't laugh.

"Okay." Penelope whispers.

Spencer lowers his head, his hands resting on the back of his neck and he lets out a deep grunt making Bedelia give him a concerned look. He lifts his head and holds his hand out.

"I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, did that guy just fire 5 shots? Or did that guy just fire 6 shots? You're gonna have to ask yourself a question. Do you feel lucky, punk?" He asks, dragging the punk out. "That was Clint Eastwood, in Dirty Harry."

"Oh." Penelope nods.

Bedelia is unable to prevent a spurt of giggles from escaping.

"I mean, I know it's not as effective as my dominant personality, but I feel like there's-- isn't there?" He looks at his girlfriend.