017. memoriam

"Come on, baby, give it to me. Give it to me. See? Nuh-uh." Derek complains.

"Morgan, can you-- please, can you-- my head." Emily says.

"My bad. Sorry." Derek laughs. "You know these things are rigged, right?"

"Late night?" Rossi asks.

"I hate Vegas." Emily groans.

"Come on, Prentiss. How can you hate Vegas? This is a grown folk's playground." Derek says.

"Yeah, well, you can hate it if you have too much fun." Bedelia remarks, smiling in amusement at the raven haired woman.

"Anyone seen Reid?" JJ asks, walking up.

"I know he stayed with his mom last night." Derek says.

"Well, he should be here by now. He knows the departure time." JJ says. She looks at the machine Derek was just using. "This thing still has credit on it."

"JJ, I swear to God--" Emily warns.

"What?" JJ glances between the other three.

Rossi makes a drinking motion with his hand before making a grouchy face. JJ gets it and quietly laughs as do Derek and Bedelia.

"Oh, here he comes right now." Derek says, watching Spencer jog over. "What'd you do? Sleep through your alarm?"

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I--" Spencer says.

"Hotch is already at the airstrip." JJ informs. "How fast can you pack?"

"Actually, I'm gonna stay for a couple of days." Spencer says.

"Is everything all right?" Rossi asks.

"Yeah, I just, um-- I haven't seen my mom for a really long time, so I'd like a few more days." Spencer says.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, take a few days. Do what you need to do." Rossi says before walking out, Derek and Emily following.

"Have fun, I guess." Bedelia says, walking past the genius. Spencer smiles at her.

+++

Bedelia is sitting on the end bed and eating snacks while watching TV. Derek and Rossi are both in arm chairs and also have snacks.

"What are you guys doing here?" She glances at the door when Spencer walks in, holding a box.

"Hey. What's it look like we're doing?" Derek questions.

"Uh... breaking into my room and watching Days of Our Lives." Spencer says, putting the box down.

"Young and the Restless." Rossi corrects, turning the TV off.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a plane back to D.C.?" Spencer asks, hanging his satchel on the back of a chair.

"Yeah, well, plans change. For example, what happened to your mommy and me day?" Bedelia questions.

"Riley Jenkins?" Derek points to the box.

"No, that's not-- that's actually not why I'm here." Spencer says, stepping in front of the chair that the box is on so he can hide it from their view.

"Reid? Come on, man." Derek stands up. "Who do you think you're talking to? I know what this has been doing to you." Derek says.

"Let us help." Rossi says, standing up. "Maybe together we can find out who killed him."

"I think I might already know." Spencer says.

"So, tell us about the suspect." Derek says.

"Truth is, I don't know anything about him." Spencer says. "He's my father."