071. epilogue

Bedelia is sitting at her desk while Spencer is at his and Emily is sitting at her desk while JJ sits on the desk. Emily and JJ are looking in Hotch's office where he and Penelope are.

"I so don't miss that face." JJ says. "No matter how many cases we solve, there's always more."

"Insert Dr. Reid's statistic about active serial killers at any given time here." Emily says. Bedelia expects to hear his voice, but when she doesn't she looks over at him. "Reid?" Emily asks.

JJ whistles.

"Spencer..." She quietly calls. Spencer holds a finger out to them.

"There's something wrong." Spencer says. Bedelia follows his gaze to Rossi who is by the small kitchen area and reading a newspaper.

"Why do you say that?" JJ asks.

"He's been reading the same page for 16 minutes and 24 seconds." Spencer says, sitting on his desk.

"Maybe it's a really good article." Emily shrugs.

"It's never taken him longer than 11 minutes, 17 seconds to turn a page." Spencer says.

"You time how long it..." Emily trails off at JJ's unsurprised look.

"You're kinda creepy, you know that?" Bedelia tells the man.

"What's your theory?" Emily asks.

"I'm extrapolating probabilities as we speak." Spencer says, getting up, walking over to Rossi, the three women following.

"Oh, hey. Rossi, you think you could help me with a consult from Wildwood PD?" Derek asks.

"Uh, sure." Rossi says, putting the paper down.

"Now, that I noticed." JJ says.

"Is something going on?" Derek asks.

"How did it go the other night?" Emily asks.

"What happened the other night?" Derek asks.

"You okay?" Spencer asks.

"Well, why wouldn't I be?" Rossi asks. The five share looks.

"You seem distracted." JJ says.

"I'm considering a purchase." Rossi says. They look at the paper that shows an ad about a thrift store.

"Come on, now, Rossi, you know we're not buying that." Derek says. "What's really going on?" Rossi sighs.

"Look, it was a late night with Ringo and not enough coffee. I mean, the guy's a world class drummer, but don't think I didn't wipe the floor with him in Rock Band." Rossi says.

"All right, what do you think?" JJ asks.

"He could be telling the truth." Emily says. "I only played him to the easy level."

"I can't tell." Spencer says.

"And you never will." Rossi tells him.

"Let's get started." They hear Hotch call before he and Penelope go into the round table room. The others go in, all taking their seats.

"Okay, this is Ridge Canyon Lake in California's Angeles National Forest." Penelope says. "It's a popular destination for water sport enthusiasts. Unfortunately, some campers have discovered someone has chosen murder as their sport of choice."

"3 victims, all male, all found early this morning." Penelope says.

"He used an underwater disposal site?" Rossi asks.

"Mm-hmm. He weighed them down with rocks and then he hid their bodies underneath shrubbery around the lake's edge." Penelope says.

"That's pretty risky, keeping a graveyard at a popular lake. This guy is showing confidence early." Emily says.