031. haunted

"Thanks." Spencer mumbles as Penelope gets him a chair and he sits down, his crutches leaning against him.

"Does it hurt?" She asks.

"It really only hurts when I think about it, which is pretty much all the time." Spencer says. He opens a tin and finds cookies, going to grab one.

"No, no, no." The blonde stops him. "Get away, you. These are for Hotch."

"I get shot in the leg and I don't get any cookies." Spencer complains as Penelope shuts the tin.

"Give him a cookie." Bedelia tells the blonde.

"I made them. I get to decide who eats them -- and that's neither of you." Penelope says.

"You know he's gonna hate the attention." Spencer says.

"It's cookies, not cake." Penelope says, putting a bowl of suckers on top of the tin and Spencer takes one.

"He's probably gonna pretend like nothing happened, anyway." Spencer says.

"Well, it doesn't mean we have to." Penelope says.

"I think maybe we should." Spencer says, putting the lollipop in his mouth. Penelope shakes her head. Bedelia grabs a sucker and unwraps it.

"I don't roll that way." She says.

"You know, I've been thinking about it." Spencer says. "The entire time I've known Hotch, I don't think I've ever seen him blink."

"I know. It's weird." Penelope says.

"Ugh." Bedelia mutters.

"Classic alpha male behavior." Spencer says.

"Do you think he stared down Foyet?" Penelope asks.

"Maybe. It could be what saved his life."

"Do you think he stared the whole time, like with each stab?" Penelope asks, making a stabbing motion.

"I have no idea." Spencer says.

"Is he okay?" Penelope asks.

"I wouldn't be, but... I'm a blinker." Spencer says as the door opens.

"There you guys are." JJ walks in. "Grab your go bags."

"What's going on?" Spencer asks.

"Turn on the news." JJ says.

"Which one?" Penelope asks.

"Doesn't matter." JJ says and Penelope turns the news on.

"Just after 8:00 this morning, 40 year old Darrin Call, a lifelong resident of Louisville, assaulted customers at the pharmacy on the corner of Main and Truxton Avenues. Eyewitnesses saw him walking east on Main Street minutes after the attack. He has not been seen since then."

"We're going to Louisville." JJ tells Spencer and Bedelia.

"Lifelong dream." Bedelia huffs, waiting for Spencer to get up before following him out of the room.

"You know... you really don't have to stay glued to my side. I'm not that bad." Spencer says. "Plus, you've already spent the past month fretting over me."

"So?" Bedelia asks.

"You spend more time at my apartment than yours." Spencer points out.

"And I repeat, so?" She asks again.

Spencer sighs, staring at her, realizing she won't be backing down anytime soon.

"I appreciate it." He tells her in a soft voice.