110. the caller

"We just got a call from St. Louis. A missing child, a ten year old, Andrew Taffert. Parents Lida and Malcom, father found blood on the front door this morning." Penelope says.

"I take it no test results on the blood yet." Derek says

"No. That would be correct." Penelope says.

"No signs of forced entry or a struggle according to the initial police report." JJ says.

"Mom and dad put him to bed at 10:00, woke up this morning, he was gone." Penelope says.

"Any visitors or workers to the house recently?" Bedelia asks.

"No. But the parents say in the last two weeks they've received 5 phone calls from what sounds like a little boy prank calling them." Penelope says.

"They complained to authorities, but police determined that no laws had been broken." Hotch says.

"Mm-hmm. The little boy says, "I'm gonna get you." According to the police reports, there's a lot of crazy people talking in the background. It sounds like it's coming from an asylum or a prison." Penelope says.

"I'd say the calls might be coincidental except the boy called again right after the parents found Andy missing, and he had a different message this time. "Did you see what I did?"" Derek says.

"So he's taunting them." JJ says. "Maybe this is about revenge."

""I'm gonna get you" is typically a threat, but in the case of children, it can also be a phrase used during play." Blake says.

"This sounds similar to a cold case from 15 years ago, Frankie Clayvin of Memphis." Spencer says.

"I remember that Gideon handled it. It obviously predates all of you." Rossi says.

"Frankie Clayvin was 9 years old at the time. He never made it home from school one day. He was found dead in the woods 36 hours later 5 miles from his house." Spencer explains.

"And Frankie's parents also received prank phone calls from a young boy." Rossi says. "I think Frankie's father was the prime suspect at one point."

"Yeah, the police actually tapped the Clayvins' phone, but they couldn't trace the phone calls because they kept bouncing between different pay phones in the greater Memphis area." Spencer says.

"Phone calls before an abduction-murder -- it's a rare signature." JJ says.

"But if it is the same unsub, a dormancy period of 15 years is highly unusual." Derek says. "Maybe we're looking at a copycat."

"If I'm not mistaken, Frankie Clayvin was killed within two hours of his abduction." Rossi says.

"Which means we're wasting time. Let's go." Hotch says.

+++

"Just confirmed there was a 10 minute segment on the unsolved Frankie Clayvin murder on a low rated cable show 12 years ago." Penelope says.

"Even with low ratings, probably a half million people saw it." Spencer says.

"376,000." Penelope states. "It's not often I get to correct another genius."

"That makes it more likely it could be a copycat." Hotch says.

"There's nothing unusual about the Tafferts. The father, Malcolm, is a stockbroker, mother works at an antique shop." JJ says.

"They describe Andy as a bright, well behaved kid who likes video games." Derek says.

"Andy and Frankie are about the same age and build with similar coloring. If this is the same unsub, he definitely has a type." Spencer says.