077. bedelia

"Okay, lovelies. So, last night, the San Diego police found a woman's body by a dumpster." Penelope informs. "Uh..." She grimaces at the details.

"She was beat up pretty badly and there's signs of sexual assault post-mortem. It looks like she was electrocuted somehow. Maybe a stun gun or something." Emily says.

"There's ligature marks on her wrists and ankles. She was tied up." Bedelia notes.

"She was missing for three days before her body was found." JJ says.

"This is the third victim in two weeks. There's not much of a cooling off period. We'll discuss more on the jet. Wheels up in 10." Hotch says.

+++

Bedelia and Spencer are at the last place that the victim was seen at before she went missing.

"Hi. I'm Agent Davis, this is Dr. Reid. We're with the FBI." Bedelia tells the worker, the two showing their badges.

"What's going on?" The guy asks.

"Do you recognize any of these women?" Bedelia asks, showing him the three photos.

"No." He shakes his head.

"You sure?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah. Never seen 'em." The guy shrugs.

"Okay, well, if anything seems suspicious or anything comes to you, give us a call." Bedelia hands him a card. His hand brushes hers as he takes it.

"Okay." He says.

Bedelia glances at his hand, noticing a small cut on one of his knuckles.

"What happened there?" She asks.

"Accidentally touched the oven." The guy says and she nods. She looks at Spencer, the two sharing a look.

"Thank you for your time." Spencer says, the two leaving.

"He seems weird, right?" Bedelia quietly asks.

"Yes." Spencer nods. Bedelia gets her phone out to call Penelope.

+++

"We're all tired. Our brains need a break. We'll pick this up in the morning." Hotch says.

"We haven't found anything. This dude's motive appears to be fun." Bedelia says.

"We'll focus on it tomorrow. Go get some sleep. Be back in early in the morning." Hotch orders.

The team all go back to the hotel, it being in walking distance of the station. Bedelia is the last one to get to her room and she opens the door.

"Oh, Delia." Spencer rushes out of his room. "Here's your sweater." He hands it to her. "You put it in my bag on the jet, by accident, I guess."

"Oh. Thanks." She smiles, taking it. "See you in the morning."

"Night."

"Night."

+++

Bedelia got up early, deciding to get to the station first thing. She did grab coffees for everyone, carrying the tray cartons. Bedelia hears a crash from an alley as she passes it making her stop for a moment. She looks into the alley, but doesn't see anything making her frown.

She stays for a bit longer, hearing the noise again. She tenses up, balancing one tray on top of the other and getting ready to pull her gun out.

She jumps when a cat leaps out of the dumpster and onto a crate nearby. Bedelia lets out a sigh of relief, relaxing.