124. wedding

Bedelia wakes up when she feels a small hand lightly patting her face.

"Can you say mama?" She hears Spencer ask in a quiet voice, obviously talking to their six month old. "Mama. Ma-ma."

Theodora makes a noise resembling "M" but that's as far as she gets.

"Mama." Spencer repeats.

"Ah." Theodora says, grinning up at him. Spencer softly laughs, kissing her on the forehead.

"Kiss mommy." He whispers. He moves her around, holding her so she's by Bedelia, the man seeing the signs that she's awake, not missing the woman trying to hide her smile.

Theodora places her open mouth on her mom's cheek, babbling.

Bedelia dramatically yawns as she pretends to wake up, Spencer pulling Theodora back a bit.

"Oh, good morning, my little love." Bedelia softly smiles, gently tickling her daughter's stomach, the infant giggling. She giggles so much, she falls back towards Spencer whose hand quickly cups the back of her head before it collides with his knee.

The two quietly laugh at their daughter's reaction, Bedelia sitting up.

"And good morning, my big love." Bedelia grins.

"Good morning." Spencer smiles, kissing her cheek.

"Guess what today is?" Bedelia asks, wrapping her arms around his neck. Theodora occupies herself with crawling around the bed.

"What?" He asks with a small knowing smile. He gives most attention to her, but still keeps an eye on Theodora so she doesn't tumble off the bed.

"We're getting married." She grins.

"I know." Spencer whispers, grinning back at her.

"And I get to be your wife."

"And I get to be your husband."

Bedelia lets out a small squeal making Spencer quietly giggle, accepting her kiss, his hands cradling her face.

They break apart when they hear Theodora cry out, hitting their arms with what little strength she has, demanding attention.

"And you." Bedelia grabs her daughter, pulling her onto her lap. "You're always our baby." She kisses her on the head.

Theodora grabs one of Spencer's hands, playing with his fingers. He smiles, kissing her on the head.

+++

Bedelia opens the door after hearing the knock, smiling at Penelope.

"I am here to help you get ready." Penelope grins. "JJ will be here in a bit. And... we called a special someone to be here."

"Special someone?" Bedelia frowns in confusion.

"Hi." Bedelia looks over at the voice, immediately grinning at Emily.

"Ah!" She squeals, crashing into the raven haired woman. Emily laughs as she hugs her back. "Oh, this-- this is the best present."

"I know." Penelope grins. "It was a group idea. Well, minus you and Reid, of course. Surprise!"

"Okay, Delia, I have tried calming her down, but she just really wants you." Spencer says, rushing into the room with a fussy baby on his hip. "She keeps trying to point at you in the picture we have in our room."

"Hi, baby." Bedelia smiles at her daughter who leans towards her, almost falling out of Spencer's grasp. Bedelia quickly grabs her before she flips out of his arms. "It's okay, baby girl. I'm right here."

"Emily. Hey-- hi." Spencer lets out a small shocked laugh.

"Hi. Congratulations." Emily grins, hugging him. "I got away long enough to come celebrate. Wouldn't miss you two finally getting married."

"We're happy you could make it." Spencer smiles.

Theodora leans towards Emily and grabs a chunk of hair, lifting it up. Theodora giggles as she lets the hair fall from her grasp and she manages to run her fingers through it.

"Playing with hair is her favorite thing." Spencer informs.

"Ah." Emily nods in understanding. "Makes you wish you didn't cut your hair, huh?"

"I'm growing it out." Spencer says.

Emily and Penelope both laugh.

+++

"Okay. We have Theo in her adorable little dress." Penelope carries the baby into the room, a light pink dress on her.

"Ah, my little baby." Bedelia grins. Theodora giggles as Penelope sways her back and forth.

"And the bride is all done." JJ says, finishing Bedelia's hair. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." Bedelia smiles.

"You ready for this?" Emily asks.

"More than you can imagine." Bedelia says.

+++

"All right, pretty boy. It is time." Derek says, walking into the room. "Nervous?"

"No." Spencer shakes his head. Derek raises his eyebrows. "I-- okay, I-I'm nervous about everybody watching us, but not about marrying her."

"You haven't had issues being the center of attention before." Derek says. "Besides, it's just the team and your mom."

"Yeah, I know." Spencer mumbles.

"It'll go great. Don't worry." Derek promises, gently squeezing his friend's shoulder.

+++

Spencer stands by the officiator, the team sitting down in the chairs.

The music starts and Penelope walks down the aisle, holding Theodora. The blonde helps the baby toss the flower petals down, Theodora giggling as she watches the petals fall.

Spencer softly smiles at his daughter, quietly laughing at her shrieks of joy.

Penelope joins the others, keeping Theodora in her hold.

Bedelia starts to walk down the aisle, Spencer's heart instantly melting. His eyes sting as tears fill them and he grins. Spencer sniffles, doing his best to keep his composure, though a few tears manage to escape.

Bedelia gets to the end of the aisle and stands across from him.

"Hi." He whispers, his voice cracking due to his tears.

"Hi." Bedelia softly giggles, her own eyes tearing up.

~ ~ ~

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride."

Spencer's loving smile on his face remains as he moves closer to his wife. He cradles her face, the two smiling into the kiss.

The team cheers and applauds.

"Yay, mommy and daddy!" Penelope bounces Theodora making the girl giggle.

+++

Spencer is holding Theodora, the newlyweds enjoying a bit of time to themselves.

"Spencer." They turn at the voice.

"Hey, mom. You okay?" Spencer asks.

"I'm good." Diana says. "I'm very happy for you two." She smiles between them.

"Thanks, Diana." Bedelia smiles, hugging the woman. After she pulls away, Diana looks at the child in her son's arms.

"Oh, this is Theodora." She smiles at the baby. "Oh, I can't believe I'm seeing her in person."

"Yeah." Spencer smiles, looking at his daughter while she leans away from him in order to play with her mom's hair.

"Theodora." Diana smiles. "It's a beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

"Thanks, mom." Spencer smiles.

"Thank you." Bedelia smiles. "We love it, too. And you." She kisses her daughter's cheek, Theodora grinning. She reaches her tiny hand out, grabbing her mom's nose, Bedelia softly laughing at her child's actions.