083. hit and run

"Are you sure you don't wanna go to the convention with me and Garcia tomorrow?" Spencer asks.

"Mm. Okay, I really love both of you dorks." Bedelia promises. "Besides you guys only have two tickets, anyway. And I just... don't really want to. You go and you wear your costume, the scarf you've been working on for weeks, and you rock it."

"Well, what are you gonna do?" Spencer asks.

"I'm gonna sleep in." She excitedly grins making him softly smile.

+++

Bedelia wakes up to Spencer shuffling, though she tries to go back to sleep.

She soon feels him brush through her hair and kisses her temple.

"Delia?" He whispers.

"I'm sleeping in." She grumbles. Spencer rubs his nose against her cheek.

"Call me if you need anything." Spencer tells her. "I can pick up food later or something."

"Okay." She mumbles. She opens one eye. "Oh, God, please, tell me that's a wig and you didn't perm your hair or something."

"It's a wig." Spencer assures.

"Good." She sighs. "Go and be a nerd. I wanna sleep."

"Love you." Spencer kisses her cheek.

"Love you, too." She yawns, snuggling into the covers some more. Spencer lightly scratches her head before leaving.

+++

JJ is the last member to get to the bank and she runs to Will.

"Are you okay?" She asks, hugging him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He assures. "It's definitely them. I only saw the king and the jack, but I figure the queen's inside, too."

"The media's calling them the Face Cards." Hotch says. "7 bank robberies in 7 months. They've killed one person at each robbery." He says as they start to walk towards the mobile command center.

"M.O.?" Rossi asks.

"Single gunshot wound. Each of the victims has bled out." Hotch says.

"Serial killers with a 30 day cooling off period and we're only just hearing about this now?" Emily asks.

"Well, headquarters has always characterized them robbers first and killers second." Hotch says.

"No one kills 7 people without serious psychopathic tendencies." Spencer says.

"I disagreed with the original assessment. I was overruled." Hotch says.

"So why are we here now?" Rossi asks.

"Because crisis negotiation is overseas." Hotch says.

"What more do we know about them?" JJ asks.

"They're organized, they're efficient. Each strike lasts about 2 minutes." Hotch says.

"They gotta be scouting the banks in advance." Derek says. "Why haven't we been able to ID them off of surveillance footage?" He asks as they get into the command center.

"They hack the security feed and turn off the cameras, both during the initial canvass and during the robbery, until the masks come back on, and then we're allowed to watch." Hotch says.

~ ~ ~

"They're using the hostages as human shields." Rossi says.

"This is the first time they've been interrupted. What went wrong?" JJ asks.