064. the stranger

"Okay. Movie time. Me, Morgan, Reid, and Seaver. B, you in?" Penelope asks.

"Uh... no. No, I'm really tired. I'm definitely not making it through a movie." She says.

"You sure?" Penelope asks.

"Yeah. You four go have fun." Bedelia smiles.

"Okay." Penelope gently squeezes the brunette's arm, Ashley and Derek following her off.

"You okay?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah. Just didn't sleep well last night." Bedelia says.

"I can skip the movie and go home with you." Spencer offers.

"No. No, you go watch the movie. I'm good. Seriously, I-- I'm just gonna go home and crash." Bedelia says.

"Okay." Spencer mumbles. "Call me if you need something." Bedelia nods.

+++

"Let's get started." Hotch walks into the round table room.

"Okay." Penelope says. "Monica Shanley, Natalie Wallace, Amber Lasko. 3 college students killed in their off campus apartments in the last 5 days. Two were going to San Diego Coastal University, one was going to San Diego Tech."

"Well, the unsub definitely has a type. They could all be related." Derek comments.

"Yeah, what he said. They're all in their early 20s, brunette, majoring in education and/or child development." Penelope says.

"Is there any indication that they knew one another?" Ashley asks.

"As it stands right now, I'm coming up empty. Their apartments were spread throughout the city, so..." Penelope says.

"No fingerprints at the crime scene. The unsub uses gloves." Spencer says.

"He's organized." Ashley says.

"Forced entry at all the apartments. Back door, patio door, living room window." Hotch says.

"The homes were wrecked. Clear evidence of a struggle." Rossi says.

"He's creating a scene. He wants to inflict fear not only in his victim but in whomever finds the body." Ashley says.

"Could be a message to the local P.D. "Look what I can do."" Rossi says.

"He's killed 3 women in under a week." Hotch says.

"In all likelihood, he's hunting for his fourth victim now." Rossi says.

"San Diego P.D. wants us on the scene as soon as possible." Hotch says.

+++

"Well, there's no secure parking." Derek says.

"I rode a bike when I was in college." Spencer says.

"That's cause you weren't old enough to drive, Einstein." Derek says.

"I could drive. It's just the government wouldn't issue me a license until I was 14." Spencer says. "A lot of places for the unsub to hide out here."

"Yeah, he could have easily grabbed her when she passed through here." Derek says.

"Yet she made it all the way to her apartment." Bedelia says.

"Where she should feel safe, but then he took that from her." Derek says.

~ ~ ~

They walk into the apartment.

"I'm Agent Derek Morgan." He shakes a detective's hand. "This is Agent Bedelia Davis and Dr. Spencer Reid."