076. snake eyes

"Danny Savino, the floor manager at the Sapphire Lady Casino in Atlantic City was found dead in his office this morning." Hotch says.

"Blunt force trauma to the head. An empty wallet and money clip left next to the body." Rossi says.

"Mug shot. This guy's got a record." Derek says.

"Savino was a member of the Agnoli crime family." Rossi says.

"Sorry. Sorry." Penelope apologizes as she walks in late. She takes a seat.

"They're active in the Atlantic City area." Rossi says.

"It looks like a robbery gone bad." Emily says. Bedelia watches Derek wave to get Penelope's attention but she diverts her gaze from him.

"Why was the BAU called in?" Bedelia asks.

"8 one dollar bills surrounding an 8 card. That's highly ritualistic." Spencer says.

"And because Savino has ties to organized crime, agents in New Jersey are worried about things escalating." Hotch says.

"Well, it doesn't take much to ignite a mob war." Derek says.

"And collateral damage means nothing to these guys." Rossi says. "If we don't get a handle on this soon, innocent people are gonna die."

+++

"No question, Godfather II, hands down." Emily says.

"No, no, gotta be Scarface." Derek argues.

"For me, The Untouchables." JJ says. "Spence?"

"Mm. Probably Le Cercle Rouge, the 1970s French classic. But Den Tredje Vaagan is definitely a close second." He says.

"Yeah, that was my runner up, too." Emily says, smiling in amusement at the others.

"What about you, Rossi? Best ever gangster flick." JJ says.

"I've had too much of the real thing to be a fan of mob movies." Rossi says.

"Garcia, did we get the crime scene surveillance video yet?" Hotch asks.

"No, sir, because there wasn't any." She says.

"That's not possible. Every inch of the casino is surveilled every minute of every day." Spencer says.

"Yeah. Apparently the footage was tampered with, so..." Penelope says.

"All right, Reid and Prentiss, go to the crime scene. Dave, you and JJ find out if Savino was involved in anything the local authorities don't know about. Morgan, Davis, and I will contact the local FBI office and arrange a ceasefire with the families." Hotch instructs.

+++

"We appreciate your cooperation." Hotch says before leading the two men out. "Agent Goslin." He greets as she walks in, followed by Emily and Spencer.

"Any luck with our mob bosses?" She asks.

"Well, I think we bought some time." Derek says.

"What about the crime scene?" Hotch asks.

"Savino purposely bypassed the standard casino security." Emily says.

"And I think we know why." Rossi says as he and JJ walk in.

"Danny Savino supplemented his income by loaning money to casino patrons." JJ says.

"It explains why he changed the camera in his office. He didn't want his bosses to know he was freelancing." Spencer says.