111. baby

The team are on a case in a rural town, even Penelope coming along for technical reasons. They just finished the case, going back home tomorrow. Derek and Rossi convinced Spencer to stay up late and have a few drinks with them, even though the doctor just orders water.

Bedelia assured him it was okay that he stayed out, promising him she'd call if anything happened. She knew he needed a break since between work and stressing over her, he never relaxes. She appreciates him catering to her every need but she also knows he needs to relax, especially before they actually have the baby.

Bedelia fell asleep shortly after Spencer left, though her sleep keeps getting disrupted by stomach pains. Bedelia lets out a cry at the pain.

"Ah, fuck." She hisses, putting her hand on her stomach. She looks at the clock, seeing that the last pain was about 10 minutes ago. "Oh, this is not happening now. God damn it. I was really hoping it was just the stupid burrito I ate."

Bedelia reaches for her phone, but doesn't find it on the nightstand. She looks around and sees it, getting up. Bedelia makes her way over to the dresser. She grabs it and calls Spencer.

"Hey. We're on our way back. Do you need something?" Spencer asks.

"Yeah. You." Bedelia says.

"O-okay. Are you okay?" He frowns at her heavy breathing.

"I, uh... in a way. The baby's coming." She informs.

"What?!" He exclaims, his voice cracking.

"Ow." She says, frowning at the phone, his high pitched voice in her ear. "Just get back to the hotel, please."

"Okay. Ye-yeah. We're on our way." Spencer says.

They hang up and Bedelia gets back on the bed, groaning in pain.

"Fuck!" She exclaims.

"Bedelia." She hears Blake call as there's a knock on the door.

"It's locked, just kick it open like Derek." Bedelia calls out.

"I'm gonna go get another key. I'll be right back." Blake says, rushing off.

After about 10 minutes, Blake, Penelope, Spencer, Derek, and Rossi are rushing into the room.

"Delia? Are you okay? How far apart are the contractions?" Spencer asks.

"Like... like 5 or so minutes. I don't... I'm tired." She whines.

"We called an ambulance. Closest doctor is an hour and a half out, he's on his way." Derek says.

"An hour and a half?!" Bedelia yells. "What kind of fucked up shit is that?"

"We're in a town consisting of about 200 people, B." Derek says.

"Shut up, Morgan!" She cries.

"You--"

"Let it go. Don't dig a deeper hole." Rossi quietly warns.

"Yeah, shut up, Morgan." Penelope quietly says.

"Okay. Okay." Spencer mumbles, rushing over to his bag. He digs through it, even throwing out a couple things to get what he's finding.

"Reid?" Blake calls.

"I got it." Spencer pulls out a box of latex gloves and quickly slips two on. "Okay, baby, I-I have to deliver the baby. Are you--"

"Yes! Do it!" Bedelia exclaims, whining. "But get them out. This is not a good work/life balance."

"Okay, uh... you guys should--"

"Yep." Derek leaves.

"See you on the other side." Rossi follows.