078. a family affair

Bedelia and Spencer are in the elevator, making out, embracing the few moments alone.

"Why can't we tell them again?" Bedelia asks against his lips.

"Because it's against the rules." Spencer says.

"Garcia dates Kevin and everybody's cool with it." Bedelia says. "Maybe you just need to have a man to man talk with Rossi like he did."

"That idea is terrifying." Spencer pales.

"Yes, but you love me, so I believe you can do it." Bedelia says. "You really don't have to either. They'll be fine with it. Hell, they probably already know."

"We haven't told them." Spencer frowns.

"Yeah, but they're not idiots." Bedelia says.

"Maybe just... let's enjoy privacy." Spencer says.

"We're telling them, though. We can't keep it a secret forever."

"I know. I don't want to. But just for now. It's our little thing."

"I guess that doesn't sound too bad."

Bedelia starts to kiss him, but the elevator dings, the two moving away faster than the doors do.

+++

"Oh, you're not playing around." Emily says as she walks into the round table room, seeing JJ down a shot of a booster.

"Mm. Will's away all week, so I am pulling double duty with Henry." JJ says.

"Please tell me we are still on for Saturday night, because I have had it circled on my calendar for the last 23 1/2 days, which apparently, from the look of you, you did not." Penelope says.

"Garcia paid good money for those salsa lessons." Emily says.

"I'll get a sitter." JJ promises.

"Let's get started." Hotch says as all of the guys walk in. Spencer's hand brushes past Bedelia's shoulder when he passes her.

"Okay. Atlanta field office has a serial on their hands." Penelope says. "Two prostitutes stabbed and staged in the last two weeks."

"Atlanta's crime rate has skyrocketed over the past few years." Rossi notes.

"Especially the proliferation of solicited sex and drug use in the downtown area." Spencer says.

"Maybe this guy thinks he's cleaning up the streets." Emily says.

"It's rare for an unsub who targets prostitutes to pose the bodies. Means of disposal usually reflects how the person feels towards them." JJ says.

"It looks like he didn't think poorly of his victims." Rossi says. "Even kept them dressed."

"He could be filled with remorse." Derek says. "The arms are folded, the bodies are laid to rest in a quiet park outside the city. Maybe he knew them."

"It could be personal. There's a lot of rage in these kills. Multiple stab wounds." Emily says.

"What about sexual violations?" Rossi asks.

"No. The M.E.'s report says there's no evidence of sexual activity before death." Hotch says.

"So what's he doing with them?" Penelope asks.

"That's what we need to find out." Hotch says.

+++

"Both of the victims had $250 on them when they were found." Emily says. "Why wouldn't the unsub take that?"

"It's a lot to pass up. Money must not be on his mind." Rossi says.