102. the inspiration

Spencer and Bedelia have only been back home for a little bit.

"How many more months?" Bedelia groans, sitting on the couch.

"Four." Spencer answers. "It'll be over before you know it." He promises.

"Yeah, says the one not carrying a baby." Bedelia grumbles.

Spencer sympathetically smiles at her. He lifts one foot, slipping her shoe off before doing the same with the other shoe.

Bedelia moves around until she's lying on the couch, sighing in relief.

"I'm tired of being pregnant." She says.

"I know, baby." Spencer mumbles, rubbing her stomach. "We have leftover spaghetti. Want some of that warmed up?" Bedelia nods. "'Kay." He kisses her forehead before going to the kitchen.

~ ~ ~

After eating, Bedelia went back to lying down and Spencer is sitting by her side.

"You need anything else?" He asks, combing through her hair.

"No. I'm good." Bedelia says. "Can't wait to go to bed."

"Come on." Spencer gets up, holding his hands out to her. He starts to help her up when his phone rings. Spencer looks at it, reading the name. "It's Hotch." He winces.

"Nooo!" Bedelia whines, falling back onto the couch while Spencer answers the phone.

"Hotch. Hey." Spencer greets.

"You and Bedelia be here as soon as you can. We have a new case." Hotch says.

"Yeah. Yeah, we'll be right there." Spencer says, the two hanging up. "Sorry." He grimaces.

"Ugh." Bedelia rolls her eyes. "This job is so stupid." She grumbles.

Spencer pulls her up so she's sitting.

"I know." Spencer sympathizes, grabbing her shoes. He puts them on for her before helping her up. "We'll get time off eventually."

"Yeah, when it's my maternity leave." She grumbles.

"Probably." Spencer nods.

+++

"We were this close to going to Ocean City, and I get the text." JJ says as the three get out of the elevator.

"I was this close to going to bed." Bedelia pouts.

The elevator dings and Derek and Penelope walk out.

"Hey." JJ greets.

"Hey. Weren't we just here?" Derek asks.

"Did your date understand?" JJ asks.

"Well, luckily we're neighbors." Derek says.

The elevator dings and Blake walks out.

"You must be peeved." Penelope says.

"I get to Dulles, make it through security, about to board the plane to Boston, and bam, I get the call." She says.

"I say we all demand a vacation." Penelope says.

"From who, the guy that works 3 jobs? Good luck with that." Spencer remarks making the others laugh.

~ ~ ~

They're waiting in the round table room and Hotch and Rossi walk in.

"Sorry you guys had to come in again. Garcia?" Hotch says.

"Yeah. Two women, Sarah Beck and Jill Elks, were found in a park in Glendale, Arizona, within the last 3 days." Penelope says. "Both of them were single, in their late 20s, and following their normal, low risk routines when they were abducted."