011. mayhem

"David." Spencer calls as he and Bedelia rush over to the man. "We heard on the radio. We tried the others, but--"

"The cell phone system is crashing." Rossi informs.

"A car bomb. Did they say where?" Spencer asks.

"No." Rossi says. "Can you recall every site where the shootings occurred?"

"Uh, Hell's Kitchen, Murray Hill, lower East Side, Chinatown." Spencer lists.

"All right, if our profile is correct and all 8 murders were tests to gauge response times, we're looking at 8 suicide bombers who are about to hit every one of those locations." Rossi says. "Call homeland security. Tell them to pour troops into all of those sites."

"Actually, if we're correct, there'll be 16 suicide bombers." Spencer says.

"16?" Rossi and Bedelia question.

"Yeah, we predicted that they'll hit the second wave of emergency responders also." Spencer says.

"Breaking news now." They turn to the TV. "We are just getting an update. The bomb is now reported to have been inside an SUV. A black SUV parked just blocks from 26 Federal Plaza." The three look at each other.

Rossi picks up the phone and calls Penelope.

"Where are you?" He asks. "Can you see anything?" He asks.  "We got on the news it was an SUV that exploded. A black SUV within blocks of the Federal Plaza. Now, do you have eyes there?" I'm here with Reid and Davis, but I don't know where anyone else is. And, Garcia... find them." He hangs up.

~ ~ ~

"These are stills from all the murder sites." Rossi says.

"Garcia had us on conference and the system crashed." Emily says, rushing over.

"Emily." JJ walks over.

"Oh, thank God you're all right." Emily sighs in relief. "Where's Will?"

"He's stuck at the airport." JJ informs. "As soon as I heard, I went straight to 26 Fed. They're evacuating the building. Where is everyone?"

"Morgan's all right, but there's no word from Hotch." Spencer says.

"The bomber! The bomber!" They hear Garcia. "Derek's chasing after him."

"What?" Spencer frowns.

"The bomb -- it was in Kate's SUV or-- or under it. Hotch is out there with her. He seems okay, but she looks really hurt. He hasn't moved her." Penelope informs.

"Where was Kate's SUV parked?" Rossi asks.

"2 blocks east of Federal Plaza." Penelope informs.

"2 blocks east and they target Kate's SUV?" Emily asks.

"Have you I.D.ed the bomber?" Rossi asks.

"Lisa's running him and the dead guy through VICAP." Penelope states.

"Call homeland security. They should be at all the murder sites. See if they found anything." Rossi orders.

"I'm on it." JJ says, walking off.

"Garcia, find out how we can help Morgan." Rossi tells her.

"Yes, sir."

~ ~ ~

"Homeland security has poured tactical teams into all of those locations." JJ says. "Uh, SWAT, bomb techs, HRT, hazmat, the works. They found nothing." She informs. "Reid." She calls.

"All except one." Spencer says. "Kate's SUV -- none of the shootings were anywhere near it."

"Maybe it's personal." JJ says. "This death card they gave us... they delivered on it."