033. hopeless

"Detective Andrews? Hi. Jennifer Jareau. These are Agents Rossi, Morgan, Hotchner, Prentiss, Davis, and Dr. Reid." JJ introduces.

"Thanks for getting here so fast." Andrews says.

"What can you tell us?" Rossi asks.

"Looks like one of the victims was attacked when he got out of his car. Meaning whoever did this probably used his keys to get inside and surprise the other victims." Andrews informs.

"Who found the bodies?" Derek asks.

"The cleaning woman. She's giving her statement." Andrews points her out.

"Dave, would you, Morgan, and Prentiss go inside. We'll cover out here." Hotch says. The three go for the house.

"I know you're all used to this, but, uh... it's a hell of a sight in there." Andrews warns.

~ ~ ~

"The neighbors see anything?" JJ asks.

"Oh, you know, the patrol cars are even doubled in this area because of the  vandalism -- nothing." Andrews says.

"The unsubs would have to be extremely fast and efficient." Spencer says.

"Look at this, there's a pool of  blood here and then drops as the victim moves toward the door." Hotch says. "How big was the victim?"

"6'1", 6'2". Why?" Andrews asks.

"Well, if he was strong enough to move under his own power, you'd expect signs of a struggle." Hotch says. "And if not, there's most likely be drag marks."

"He was carried." Bedelia says.

"That's a lot of dead weight for one person to move alone." Hotch says.

"There's no pool of blood on the porch which means they didn't have to set him down to open the door." Spencer says.

+++

"September 3rd, 15 luxury cars had their windows smashed. September 14th, a new upscale clothing boutique was vandalized. September 24th, two different restaurants, both catering to a wealthy clientele, had their front windows smashed and their interiors torn apart and finally, October 1st, a newly renovated townhome was ransacked before the family could move in." JJ says.

"So they went from attacking public property to a private residence, but no victim." Emily says.

"The question is, what makes them move from that... to this?" Hotch inquires.

"The vandalism targets were all symbols of the neighborhood's changing makeup and economy. Maybe there's something specific about these victims that set the unsubs off." Derek says.

"I've spoken to the victims' family members. They've agreed to come in and help however they can." JJ says.

"Garcia, check social networking sites. See if these unsubs have coordinated these attacks online." Hotch instructs.

"If they dare tweet, I shall flush them out like a bird dog, sir." Penelope says.

"We need to be asking how these unsubs manage to not stand out in this neighborhood." Rossi says.

"Each of these crime scene locations are a representation of new wealth and status, but the area surrounding the crime scenes are still populated by long time residents who are slowly being pushed out." Spencer says.

"That's a lot of disenfranchised people who are all part of the neighborhood makeup. Most likely these unsubs don't stand out because they're probably local themselves." Derek says.