095. all that remains

"911. What's your emergency? Hello? What's your emergency? Is anyone there? Hello? Sir?"

"They're gone. My girls are gone. I need your help."

"When you say girls, do you mean your daughters?"

"Yes."

"All right, I need you to stay on the line, sir. Please confirm where you're calling from."

"1721 Hillcrest Drive. This can't be happening."

"What's your name, sir?"

"Bruce. Bruce Morrison."

"How old are your daughters, Mr. Morrison?"

"13 and 17."

"When was the last time you saw them?"

"They went to bed around 9:30. No, wait. It was Monday. Sera has a study group, so it was more like 10:00."

"Sir, today is Wednesday. You haven't seen them since Monday?"

"No. No, that can't be right."

"I'm sorry, sir, but it is. Today is Wednesday."

"No."

"The police have been alerted, sir, and they're on their way."

Hotch stops the recording.

"That call came in an hour ago." He says.

"How does a single father lose his teenage daughters for 36 hours?" JJ asks.

"He doesn't." Rossi says.

"His girls are gone. He doesn't blame anyone." Blake says.

"And he doesn't use any buzzwords first responders are trained to hear." Derek says. "He never says missing, abducted, runaway."

"Maybe that's what they did, though. Maybe they ran away." Penelope says.

"There's no history of that." Rossi says.

"The likelihood of a stranger abduction in a neighborhood like this is rare. I've counted 7 turns from the entrance to their driveway. No one just stumbled onto the house." Spencer says.

"And where's the mother?" Blake asks.

"Could this be a parental child abduction?" Bedelia asks.

"Uh, doubtful. Exactly one year ago today he made this call." Hotch plays a recording.

"911. Please state your emergency."

"My wife is gone."

"Confirm where you are calling from."

"1721 Hillcrest Drive."

Hotch stops it.

"She'd also been missing for two days before he contacted authorities, and she's never been found." Hotch says.

"This man is either the victim of a serial offender or he is one." Rossi says.

"Please tell me this guy's in custody." Derek says.

"The Salisbury police are at his home and they've been there since the call came in." Hotch says.

"There are hard copies and tablet copies of both case files on the plane. It's a short flight to the eastern shore. There'll be more when you land." Penelope says.

+++

"Bruce and Judy Morrison were well liked and active in the community. All signs point to them living a quiet life." JJ says.