093. zugzwang

Bedelia sighs when there's a knock on her door.

"Look, Spence--" She stops when she spots the woman with dark hair with the takeout. "Oh. Hi. Sorry, I-I thought you were someone else."

"It's okay." The woman chuckles. 

"Uh... I-I have the money. Give me a minute." Bedelia walks over to her purse.

Her movements slow a bit when she hears the woman walk inside and put the bag of food down.

Bedelia turns around, ducking as the woman swings at her. Bedelia gets up, punching the woman. She rushes for her gun, but the woman grabs her and yanks her back. Bedelia proceeds to dodge each of her hits and gets a few in.

The woman attacks her, the two crashing into the coffee table, breaking it. Bedelia groans in pain and she pushes the woman off of her.

Bedelia struggles to get up, the woman getting up much easier. She grabs a fistful of Bedelia's hair and slams her into a picture frame, it breaking, cutting part of Bedelia's face.

Bedelia groans, headbutting the woman. The two continue to fight and Bedelia swipes her feet out from underneath her.

Bedelia rushes over to where her gun is and she gets it, turning around, only to be hit over the head with a lamp, knocking her out.

+++

Spencer gets to Bedelia's apartment and knocks on the door.

"Delia?" He calls out. "Delia, are you in there? B, come on. I-I don't want to fight. Let me in, please."

Spencer goes for the doorknob, frowning when he finds it unlocked. Bedelia always locks her door.

Spencer slowly pushes the door open, his heart dropping at the mess and all of the broken furniture.

Spencer's breathing picks up a bit, feeling his panic escalate and dread fills him. He scrambles for his phone, calling Bedelia's number. He hears it ringing from inside her room and he goes in.

He looks around, her room being untouched aside from the bed being unmade.

He goes into the bathroom, freezing at the word written in lipstick on the mirror.

ZUGZWANG

Spencer gets his phone, dialing the number.

"Hotch, we have a big problem." Spencer says.

After Hotch hangs up with him, Spencer goes to the dresser and opens the drawer.

"Sorry, B." He mumbles, digging through the drawer. "C'mon, come on. Where are they?" He mumbles.

Spencer digs through each of the drawers, trying to find any of the photos.

He goes over to her nightstand and digs through it, only finding the few things he keeps there. He goes over to the other side of the bed and digs through the nightstand. He finds the photos, some of them still ripped in half. Spencer sighs, looking in the drawer, frowning when he finds a pile of envelopes addressed to his girlfriend.

Spencer grabs one and takes the paper out, reading the letter. His heart breaks at the threatening letter, positive the rest are similar.

"Baby." He whispers, tears stinging his eyes.

+++

Hotch gets to Bedelia's apartment.

"What's going on?" Hotch asks.

"Okay, so-- so a couple of weeks ago, I-I found these pictures of-- of Delia. She had them hidden in her drawer. And-- and I tried to get her to tell you, I tried to tell you, but she was so adamant. I-- I could tell even through the anger that she was really scared and I think it just affected in the wrong way. She just kicked me out and we kept fighting about it."