Prologue

I sat on the grass a few feet below Thalia's tree overlooking the camp

I sat on the grass a few feet below Thalia's tree overlooking the camp. My fingers fiddled with the blade of grass in my hand as I was alone in my thoughts. Campers had already entered their cabins a few minutes ago because of curfew. The rain flattened my hair against my face. I could already hear my brothers scolding me for catching a cold.

A small smile grew on my lips as I drew a knee closer to my chest. Placing my chin on top of my knee, my heart warmed at the thought of my new home here at Camp before it quickly hardened. Mom had brought me here herself two years ago, not wanting to risk my blood being the reason for monsters to come out to the vineyard.

"It will ruin the business, figlia, and we don't want that."

I remember as if that were yesterday. Yelling at her to let me still live with her. That I would do anything to fight away the monsters seeking me. My younger self was too naive to understand. Mom didn't really want me in the first place and was waiting until I was old enough to come to Camp Half-Blood. As soon as I turned ten, she delivered me to my father and left.

I mumbled curses under my breath as anger coursed through my veins. I threw the blade of grass in front of me as small vines grew around my converse covered feet. I closed my eyes and drew deep breath in to calm down. Pollux has mentioned how dangerous an angry child of Dionysus can be. After all, we tend to take after our father.

A roar echoed in the woods behind me. Curious, I slowly stood up and stealthy walked up to stand near the famous pine tree. The small vines slowly retracted back into the earth. Then there was a loud yell. My hand went straight to my golden necklace, plucking a small grape from the bunch that laid at the center and watched as it grew into a bronze sword. The sound of rustling caused me to focus on a Minotaur far below near the road. Fear struck me as I saw a figure of a boy on top of the Minotaur.

"Are you insane!?" I called out. The boy turned to face me momentarily before he was rammed against the tree and held onto the Minotaur for dear life. I heard faint voices behind from behind. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw a few campers exiting their cabins. An all too familiar blonde titled her head as she stared up at me. "Annabeth, get Chiron! I'm going to go try and kill the monster. I think we have a new camper."

"Ivy, wait-"

I ignored my friend and rushed down the hill. The boy had a broken horn in his hand. Golden dust was being blown in the wind. I stopped in my tracks and stared in awe. A brand new camper had managed to defeat the Minotaur without any training. The boy limped towards something-someone- and helped them up.

Quickly scanning my surroundings, I tapped the purple stone on the hilt of my sword and attached the grape gem back into the bunch of grapes on my neck. The boy wrapped an arm around all too familiar satyr and started to walk up the hill towards me.

"Hey!" He weakly cried out. Tears were streaming down his face as it mixed with the rain drops on his skin. "You gotta help me. Grover, he's hurt and...my mom. She..."