Father And Daughter

I ended up standing beside Percy as the eight of us were drawn into a defensive ring in the center of the battle field

I ended up standing beside Percy as the eight of us were drawn into a defensive ring in the center of the battle field. The giants surrounded us. My grip on the large hunting knife tightened and I suddenly missed my weapons and magical necklace. I hoped I could find it after this battle, if I made it out alive, but the odds of it being found and not broken was slim to none.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jason gaping at the sky. Following his gaze a grin took over my face. A black space spangled with stars showed Olympus gleaming sliver and gold in the background. An army of gods charged down to come and help us. My eyes quickly scanned to see which gods came to the battle.

Zeus came riding in a golden chariot, a lightning bolt the size of a telephone pole crackling in one hand. Pulling his chariot were four horses made of wind-the four wind gods. On the underbelly of the Argo II, the glass bay doors split open. Nike tumbled out, free of her golden net. She spread her glittering wings and soared to Zeus's side, taking her rightful place as his charioteer.

"MY MIND IS RESTORED!" She roared. "VICTORY TO THE GODS!"

At Zeus's left flank rode Hera, her chariot pulled by enormous peacocks. Ares bellowed with glee as he thundered down on the back of a fire breathing horse. His spear glistening red. I didn't have time to see all of the gods coming to help when they seemed to displace themselves, like they'd jumped through hyperspace. The chariots disappeared. Suddenly us demigods were surrounded by the Olympians. They were human sized, but glowing with power.

My smile grew when I saw my father, the Greek version, standing beside me. Poseidon was on the other side of Percy. Poseidon gave me a nod of acknowledgment. My dad only grumbled a greeting to Percy, calling him by the wrong name once again. Percy only looked at me with annoyance as he glanced back at my dad basically telling me it's my dad who starts it.

There was no time for small talk. Jason shouted and charged at Porphyion. Then we all charged at the giants. The fighting ranged all over the Parthenon.

Annabeth and Athena fought Enceladus. The goddess thirst her spear at the giant, then brandished her shield with the fearsome bronzed visage of Medusa. They both drove Enceladus back into the nearest wall of metal scaffolding, which collapsed on top of him.

Frank and Ares smashed through an entire phalanx of giants- Ares with his spear and shield, Frank (as an African elephant) with his trunk and feet. The war god laughed and stabbed and disemboweled like a kid destroying piñatas.

Hazel raced through the battle on Arion's back, disappearing in the Mist whenever a giant came close, then appearing behind him and stabbing him in the back. Hecate danced in her wake, setting fire to their enemies with two blazing torches. I couldn't see Hades, but whenever a giant stumbled and fell, the ground broke open and the giant was snapped up and swallowed.

Piper fenced with Periboia sword against sword. Aphrodite floated around them on a small white cloud, strewing rose petals on the giantess's eyes. The goddess would be calling out to Piper with encouragement.