Giant Stone Lock

The gelato didn't sit well with Percy as he still suffered from the underwater poisoning

The gelato didn't sit well with Percy as he still suffered from the underwater poisoning. He was sick all over again and any progress of health went down the drain. All throughout the night, he kept throwing up in the bathroom. I kept giving him Gatorade and saltine crackers to help.

There was one point in the early morning where we both sat on the bathroom floor. Percy leaned his head on my shoulder as we both had our backs against the wall. I ran my fingers through his hair, pushing back his bangs from his face. We had fallen asleep and Annabeth had woke us up as she called out names.

I had to push aside the nightmare Gaea gave me again. With the little sleep I had, she made sure to invade it. It was the same dream once again. I swallowed back my fear and got ready for the day.

The Argo II wasn't in good shape to fly, but Leo had gotten the ship airborne after only one night of work. We were only one day away from the world ending. After their time with the twins, Leo, Frank, and Hazel came back with red rimmed eyes and good news. Artemis had given them tips and warnings about the Romans invading Camp Half-Blood. Apollo had told them where to find the healing god Asclepius.

"Oh, that's beautiful." Leo maneuvered the ship over the ruins of Epidaurus.

Percy, Annabeth, and I were in the quarterdeck with Leo. We were hoping that some fresh air would help Percy. My boyfriend peered over the railing. His face was still green from his underwater poisoning.

"Looks like more rubble." He noted and I nodded in agreement.

"There." Annabeth pointed to the disk-shaped structure about fifty years off our port side.

"Exactly." Leo smiled. "See, the architect knows her stuff."

"Would be sad if she didn't." I teased.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and smacked my arm. I laughed. The others gathered around.

"What are we looking at?" Frank asked.

"Ah, Señor Zhang," Leo said, "you know how you're always saying, 'Leo, you are the only true genius among demigods'?"

"I'm pretty sure I never said that."

"Well, turns out there are other true geniuses! Because one of them must have made that work of art down there."

"It's a stone circle." Frank said. "Probably the foundation of an old shrine."

"No, it's more than that." Piper shook her head. "Look at the ridges and grooves carved around the rim."

"Like the teeth of a gear." Jason offered.

"And those concentric rings." Hazel pointed to the center of the structure, where curved stones formed a sort of bull's-eye. "The pattern reminds me of Paisphaë's pendant: the symbol of the Labyrinth."