Advice From Bacchus

"Did someone just call me the wine dude?" The Roman version of my dad asked in a lazy drawl

"Did someone just call me the wine dude?" The Roman version of my dad asked in a lazy drawl. " it's Bacchus, please. Or Mr. Bacchus. Or Lord Bacchus. Or, sometimes, Oh-My-Gods-Please-Don't-Kill-Me, Lord Bacchus."

Percy urged Blackjack forward, though the pegasus didn't seem happy about it.

"You look different." Percy to my father. "Skinnier. Your hair is longer. And your shirt isn't so loud."

"Percy." I warned.

"What in blazes are you talking about?" The wine god squinted at him. "Who are you and where is Ceres?"

"Uh...what series?"

"I think he means Ceres. The goddess of agriculture. You'd call her Demeter." Jason nodded respectfully to the god. "Lord Bacchus, do you remember me? I helped you with the missing leopard in Sonoma."

"Ah...yes." Back is scratched his stubbly chin. "John Green."

Even in this form he is bad with names. Wasn't there an author named that? I swear I saw one of the Aphrodite girls bawling over a book written by him.

"Jason Grace."

"Whatever." The god said. "Did Ceres send you, then?"

"No, Lord Bacchus." Jason said. "Were you expecting to meet her here?"

"Well, I didn't come to Kansas to party, my boy." The god snorted. "Ceres asked me here for a council of war. What with Gaea rising the crops are withering. Droughts are spreading. The karpoi are in revolt. Even my grapes aren't safe. Ceres I wanted a united front in the plant war."

"The plant war." Percy said. "You're going to arm all the little grapes with tiny assault rifles?"

"Percy, you've seen how dangerous grapes can be." I narrowed my eyes at my boyfriend. "Don't make me have them attack you."

"Have we met?" Bacchus narrowed his eyes at my boyfriend.

"At Camp Half-Blood." Percy said. "I know you as Mr. D-Dionysus. I'm dating your daughter."

"Hi, Dad." I peered over Percy's shoulder and waved.

"Argh!" Bacchus winced and pressed his hands to this temples. For a moment, his image flickered. He was fatter and wearing a much louder leopard patterned shirt. Dionysus. Then he returned to his Roman form. "Stop thinking about me in Greek!"

"Uh," Percy blinked, "but-"

"Do you have any idea how hard it is to stay focused? Splitting headaches all the time! I never know what I'm doing or where I'm going! Constantly grumpy!"

"That sounds pretty normal for you." Percy said.

"Okay!" I quickly interrupted. "Dad-Bacchus, whichever you want me to refer you as-"