Grapes And Salt Water

We didn't make it to the ship

Halfway across the dock, three giant eagles descended in front of us. I bit back a curse and plucked a grape. A bronze colored sword grew in my hands. Each eagle deposited a Roman commander in purple and denim with glittering gold armor, sword, and shield. The eagles flew away, and the Roman in the middle, who was scrawnier than the others, raised his visor.

"Surrender to Rome!" Octavian shrieked.

I held back an eye roll. Octavian wasn't intimidating, especially if he were to be by himself. However, the other two demigods beside him were clearly seasoned warriors. They were bigger and stronger than I wanted to deal with right now.  I was the only one who had a sword while Piper and Annabeth had daggers.

"Is this guy serious?" I jabbed my thumb in his direction, looking at the girls.

Annabeth cursed under her breath, giving me an irritated look. My hand tightened on the hilt of my sword.

"Octavian," Piper raised her hands in a placating gesture, "what happened at camp was a setup. We can explain."

"Can't hear you!" Octavian yelled. "Wax in our ears- standard procedure when battling evil sirens. Now, throw your weapons down and turn around slowly so I can bind your hands."

"Let me skewer him." Hazel muttered. "Please."

"Don't tempt me." I grumbled, looking at the ship that was only fifty feet away.

There was no sign of Coach Hedge on the deck. Jason, Leo and Frank are not due to be back yet until sunset. Percy must still be underwater unaware of what's going on above. My eyes drifted to the sky to see the eagles circling above. I had to think of a way to get Percy's  or Coach's attention.

"Well?" Octavian demanded. His two friends brandished their swords. I raised a brow in defiance. A sneer grew on Octavian's lips. He pointed to me with narrowed eyes. "Why don't you be the first to drop your weapon vine girl-"

"Fine." I said through clenched teeth, not liking that he used Percy's nickname.

The girls looked at us with wide eyes. There was amusement in Annabeth's eyes when she saw my face. She knew I was up to something. I lowered my hand and tossed my sword far into the water.

"What was that for?" Octavian made a squeaking sound. "I didn't say toss it! That could've been evidence. Or spoils of war!"

"Oops." I drily spoke, shrugging without care receiving a huff of exasperation from the scrawny blonde.

"You three..." Octavian shot me a glare, pointing his blade at the others. "Put your weapons on the dock. No funny bus-"

All around the Romans, Charleston Harbor erupted like a Las Vegas fountain putting on a show. When the wall of seawater subsided, the three Romans were in the bay, spluttering and frantically trying to stay afloat in their armor. Percy stood on the dock, holding my sword.