The Golden Warrior And His Dolphin Henchmen

So apparently, Hercules is a jerk

So apparently, Hercules is a jerk. I was personally glad I didn't meet him. It helped Percy calm down a little about not meeting the most famous demigod in history. After we left the Pillars of Hercules- unscathed except for a few coconuts lodged in the hull's bronze plating-the trip had traveled by air for a few hundred miles.

It wasn't easy traveling through the Mediterranean. Several times an hour, something attacked the ship. A flock of flesh eating Stymphalian birds swooped out of the sky and Festus scorched them. Storm spirits swirled around the masts and Jason blasted them with lightning. While Coach Hedge was having dinner on the foredeck, a wild pegasus appeared from nowhere, stampeded over the coach's enchiladas, and flew off again, leaving cheesy hoof prints all over the deck.

"What was that for?" Coach demanded.

We had started to do rotations to keep an eye for anything coming our way. It was already midnight and the only ones awake were Jason, Percy, and I with Leo manning the helm. We've had nine aerial attacks since it hit midnight and it wasn't even one yet. I yawned, leaning against the mast.

"How about you two get some sleep?" Jason told us. He then turned his attention to Percy. "I'll keep blasting stuff from the sky as long as I can. Then we can go by sea for a while, and you can take point."

Percy nodded, wrapping an arm around my shoulder to prevent me from walking face first into the mast. I placed my head on his shoulder as we descended down the steps. My eyes were heavy and I wouldn't be surprised if I fell asleep on the stairs. Percy stopped at my cabin first.

"You think you can make it to bed?" Percy teased.

"Yeah." I gave him a tired smile. "Good night."

"Good night." Percy pecked my lips before we went out separate ways.

🍇

I stood in a corner of a dark place. A haunting voice echoed in the ancient looking tunnels surrounding me. I couldn't put my finger on who it was but it sent shivers down my spine. Two giants walked into view. They wore matching gold shirts. One had trembling hands by their side while the other had silver coins shaking in his hair.

The twins. These two had to be Ephialtes and Otis. I scowled at them. They appeared to be terrified of something. Maybe the haunting voice from earlier.

"We can do this, brother." One patted the other on the back as encouragement. "We just need the two demigods to be taken alive. We can kill the others as we destroy Rome."

"The Athena girl will be occupied by The Ladyship." The one with the trembling hands. Ladyship? Who's that? "We need to finish our spectacle so we can capture the two demigods and take them to the ancient stones."

"Yes, the daughter of Dionysus and the son of Poseidon will fall for our trap. They need to rescue the son of Hades."

My blood ran cold. Now they wanted Percy as well? The twins started talking more about their big show, but their voices started to muffle as I was waking up.