Katoptris

We quickly walked back toward the ship

We quickly walked back toward the ship. My mind raced with what Rhea and Tiberinus told us. We didn't have that much time left to help Nico and that there was something bad awaiting for me with the giants. Plus, something told me Annabeth was going to need help. A bad feeling grew in the stomach. Percy's grip on my hand tightened as we weaved through the crowd of tourists.

"Ivy," Percy spoke as we finally left the crowd, "that dream you had... I didn't want to bring it up with Annabeth since she was already worried, but...I had a dream about Gaea destroying Camp Half-Blood and asking me to turn myself in...with you."

"She must be really desperate if she asked the both of us." I bitterly laughed, dodging someone riding their beige Vespa.

"That dream of you falling. You don't think that's Tartarus, do you?" Percy questioned.

"She mentioned it as I fell into the hole." I chewed the inside of my cheek. "Maybe...maybe she's just trying to scare us, bringing up Tartarus. Or maybe it has something to do with the twin giants, or..."

I swallowed down the fear. I couldn't finish the sentence. Percy's face turned grim. He paled a little, his hands starting to tremble slightly.

"Ives...I missed you. For months. A huge chunk of our lives was taken away." Percy said thickly, as he had trouble putting it into words. "If I lost you again-"

"Hey." I stopped him and turned him to face me. Percy glanced at me with worry in his eyes. "I'm not leaving you. Okay? Never again." Percy nodded, too scared to speak. I gave him a soft smile and kissed his lips. Pulling away, I started to lead us to the ship. "Come on, Shark Boy, we better run the rest of the way now that the tourists aren't around us. We need to save Nico."

🍇

We filled Hedge, Piper, and Jason in. The five of us stood on the deck. Piper stared at us with disbelief once we mentioned the look a likes.

"So Annabeth was kidnapped on a motor scooter," Piper summed up, "by Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn."

"Not kidnapped, exactly." Percy said.

"I have this bad feeling..." I took a deep breath, avoiding eye contact with Percy. I shouldn't scare them. Maybe it's just my thoughts messy with me and I'm overthinking. His grip on my hand tightened. "Anyway, Annabeth started her quest."

"Annabeth is tough and smart." Piper reassured. "She'll be fine."

"Anyway, Gregory-I mean Tiberinus- said we had less time to rescue Nico than we thought. Hazel and the guys aren't back yet?" Percy brought up.

"It's two in the afternoon." Piper checked the time on the helm control. I frowned, looking out toward the park to see if they were in their way. There was no sign of them. "We said three o'clock for a rendezvous."

"At the latest." Jason added.

"Piper, have you checked your knife today?" I questioned.

"Tiberinus said you could find Nico's location...you know, with that." Percy point to Piper's dagger.