Jason's Prophecy

"Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals

"Very nice! And a special welcome to our new arrivals." Chiron said. "I am Chiron, camp activities director, and I'm happy you have all arrived here alive and with most of your limbs attached. In a moment, I promise we'll get to the s'mores, but first-"

"What about capture the flag?" Somebody yelled.

Grumbling broke out. I turned around to see it was from the Ares cabin.

"Yes," Chiron said, "I know the Ares cabin is anxious to return to the woods for our regular games."

"And kill people!" One of them shouted.

"However," Chiron continued, "until the dragon is brought under control, that won't be possible. Cabin Nine, anything to report on that?"

Chiron turned to the Hephaestus group. Leo had spotted Piper and winked at her, shooting her a finger gun. Nyssa stood uncomfortably beside him:

"We're working on it." Nyssa said.

More grumbling.

"How, Nyssa?" An other camper from Ares demanded.

"Really hard." Nyssa shot back.

She sat down to a lot of yelling and complaining. The fire started to sputter chaotically. Chiron stamped his hood against the fire pit stones-bang, bang, bang- and the campers fell silent.

"We will have to be patient." Chiron said. "In the meantime, we have more pressing matters to discuss."

"Percy?" Someone from the back asked.

The fire dimmed even further. My heart felt like someone pulled on it. Annabeth gave my shoulder a squeeze. Chiron gestured to me. I took a deep breath and stood.

"I didn't find Percy." I announced. My caught caught a little when I spoke his name. "He wasn't at the Grand Canyon like I thought. But we're not giving up: we've got teams everywhere. Grover, Tyson, Nico, the Hunters of Artemis- everyone's out looking. We will find him. Chiron's talking about something different. A new quest."

"It's the Great Prophecy, isn't it?" A girl called out.

Everyone turned. The voice came from the Aphrodite cabin. They'd been chatting among themselves and not paying much attention until Drew stood up. I blinked in surprised. She didn't address the crowd often.

"Drew?" Annabeth said, standing to her feet. "What do you mean?"

"Well, come on." Drew spread her bs did like the truth was obvious. "Olympus is closed. Percy's disappeared. Hers sends Ivy a vision and you come back with three new demigods in one day. I mean, something weird is going on. Ivy, I know you've been thinking it. The Great Prophecy has started, right?"

Everyone turned to look at Rachel.

"Well?" Drew called down. "You're the oracle. Had it started or not?"