Shrimpzilla Crashes The Cuddle Session

Percy and Jason were managing the winds for two hours

Percy and Jason were managing the winds for two hours. I didn't know how they managed to control it for that long without passing out from exhaustion. Luckily, during that time I was able to recharge and rest. Hazel and Frank started to argue a few minutes ago. I didn't want to get involved, but I kept glancing over my shoulder to see if they were okay. Leo was manning the ship. It finally slowed down once Percy and Jason stopped. I had quickly ran downstairs to grab two water bottles for them.

When I came back up, the two of them sat with their backs against the mast, their heads slumped in exhaustion. I hand a water bottle to Piper. We both were trying to get them to drink it. I unscrewed the lid and hand the water to Percy.

"At least drink a little bit, Perce." I knelt beside him, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He was too tired to even nod his head. Percy grabbed the water bottle and took a few sips. He lifted his head slightly to give me a weak smile. His green eyes were bloodshot and my heart tightened. Controlling the water and managing the winds for that long really wore him out.

"Percy..." I frowned.

"I'm fine. Just let me rest a bit." Percy muttered.

"I can go grab some ambrosia-" I gave him a look, knowing he needed more than rest.

"If I'm not better in a few minutes, I'll take some." Percy said. "Let me see after I drink this water bottle, okay?"

"Okay..." I exchanged a look with Piper to see Jason wasn't looking good either.

Hedge had gone go get Leo to give him a break. The son of Hephaestus came to join us. His brows furrowed when he noticed Frank and Hazel arguing. The couple stopped arguing when the saw Leo. They gathered near us at the mast.

"No sign of pursuit." Frank scowled.

"Or land." Hazel added.

She looked a little green, but I wasn't sure if it was from her sea sickness or from arguing with her boyfriend. Percy took another sip of water. Leo patted his waist to make sure his tool belt was still there.

"Did you find the map you wanted?" Leo asked Annabeth.

She nodded, though she looked pale. She hadn't really spoken to Percy or I about what the map was or what happened back at the fort. She was mostly quiet for those two hours until now.

"I'll have to study it." Annabeth said, as if that was the end of the subject. I frowned. Something had to had happened back at the fort. "How far are we from those coordinates?"

"At top rowing speed, about an hour?" Leo said. "Any idea what we're looking for?"

"No." Annabeth admitted. "Percy?"

Percy raised his head. His green eyes were still bloodshot and droopy.

"The Nereid said Chiron's brothers were there, and they'd want to hear about that aquarium in Atlanta. I don't know what she meant, but..." He paused, like he'd used up all his energy saying that much. "She also warned me to be careful. Keto, the goddess at the aquarium: she's the mother of sea monsters. She might be stuck in Atlanta, but she can still send her children after us. The Nereid said we should expect an attack."