Race Of The Horses

I had trouble falling asleep and it was mostly because of Coach Hedge

I had trouble falling asleep and it was mostly because of Coach Hedge. He spent the first hour after curfew doing his nightly duty, walking up and down the passageway. He would yell "Lights out! Settle down! Try to sneak out, and I'll smack you back to Long Island!"  He would then bang his baseball bat against a cabin door whenever he heard a noise, shouting at everyone to go to sleep. After that hour long fiasco was done with, I slept like a baby.

When morning came, I got dressed for the day and got ready. I yawned, walking out of my cabin into the hallway. Percy had walked out at of his room two doors down. He was dresssed in faded jeans and a fresh orange Camp Half-Blood tshirt. The only Roman thing on him was his tattoo.

"Good morning." He grinned at me, waiting for me to walk over to him.

"Good morning." I smiled, finally feeling happy again. Percy was here. He slipped his hand into mine as we headed to the mess hall for breakfast. "What are you thinking about right now?"

"Well, I think I missed the purple in your hair." Percy reached over and twisted a lock of my hair around his finger. "When did you stop retouching it?"

"When you went missing. I've been caught up looking for you, that I lost interest in it." I shrugged.

"Hmm. I think you should retouch it when we get back home." Percy said, a sadness momentarily crossing his features. He shook his head as we entered the mess hall. "But that can wait. I'm just glad you're here with me."

"Same." I grinned, wrapping my other arm around his. I leaned my head against his shoulder as we grabbed our plates. "Want something quick and easy to eat?"

"Sure, why not?" Percy shrugged. "What do you think?"

"French toast?" I suggested. "Or bagels?"

"A bagel breakfast sandwich sounds great right now." Percy said.

We both for the bagel sandwich and decided to go up onto the deck to eat out breakfast. The both of us stood near the railing of the ship. The clouds were lower this morning and the sunrise was gorgeous. Blends of oranges and pinks lit up the sky. Percy and I were talking amongst ourselves, eating our breakfast. When we finished, Percy placed an arm around my shoulder and brought me closer to him.

"Gods, I've missed you." I muttered, wrapping my arms around his waist. My head laid against his chest. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you, too." Percy kissed the crown of my head and held me tighter. "Hera made us waste months of not seeing each other."

"You know, she was the only one from the gods who actually spoke to me throughout these months." I said. "She visited me in this dream vision and that's how we found Jason, Piper, and Leo. She said I would find your whereabouts. It took a while for us to understand once Jason got his memories back. She meant that you were at Camp Jupiter."