Drowning Pancakes

We were getting close to Olympia

We were getting close to Olympia. Jason, Piper, and Annabeth had gone on a small quest. It didn't go as well as they had hoped. Jason came back with a  nasty wound. A blade had pierced him all the way though. It was a miracle he was still alive. Piper was currently trying to wrap up his wound. Apparently it was a lot worse back on land.

After they came back and Jason was given some ambrosia and nectar, they called for a breakfast meeting. Piper had quickly gone to go get Leo. Buford took over the role as our "adult chaperone". Leo had laminated a magic scroll that projected a pint-sized holographic simulation of Coach Hedge. Mini-Hedge would stomp around on Buford's top, randomly saying thinks like "CUT THAT OUT!" "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!" and "PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!" Luckily he wasn't bothering us for our breakfast meeting.

I sat beside Percy, a breakfast sandwich and two hashbrowns on my plate. As I was drinking my apple juice, I noticed Percy pouring a lot of maple syrup on his blue pancakes.

"Shark Boy, that's waaaay too much syrup." I chided, taking the bottle of syrup away from him before he flooded his plate. He pouted, trying to reach for it. Annabeth helped out by taking it from me. "There's more syrup than there is pancakes. You're drowning them!"

"Listen to your girlfriend, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth raised a brow at him, using the syrup for her waffles.

"Hey, I'm a Poseidon kid." Percy gave me a troublemaker smile, waving his fork at me. "I can't drown. And neither can my pancakes."

"At least add another pancake on there to balance it out. You're going to get sick." I told him, shaking my head.

"You're right." Percy nodded. I was about to comment when he gave me a mischievous grin. "Then I can add even more syrup!"

I groaned, rolling my eyes and taking a bite out of my sandwich. Percy chuckled, leaning over to peck my cheek. I gave him a look that only made his smile grow. Frank and Hazel sat to our left as they used their cereal bowls to flatten out the Greece map.

"Hold still." Piper changed Jason's bandages at the head of the table. His shirt was raised above his sternum. "I know it hurts."

"It's just cold." Jason said, his voice laced with pain.

I frowned when I noticed that the entrance wound on his back was a nasty shade of purple and steaming. Piper was trying her best not to look worried or upset. Her eyes met mine and tears glistened in them. I gave her a small reassuring smile.

I had opened up to the girls about some of the things Percy and I experienced in Tartarus. One of the things I brought up was fighting the arai and having to watch Percy slowly die in front of me. I knew Annabeth has been wanting to talk to me one on one. She could tell that Percy and I weren't the same since coming back from Tartarus. The amount of nightmares I had and not being able to sleep unless I was in the same room as Percy was a big red flag.